The Somali Red Crescent Society (SRCS) is an independent, non-political humanitarian organization that was founded in April 1963 and was established with Presidential Decree No. 187 in 1965. It was then recognized by the ICRC in 1969 and in the same year became a member of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.
POSITION: DISSEMINATION OFFICER BASED IN KISMAYO
|Department||Organizational Development and Communication|
|Reporting to||Reporting to: SRCS Director of Organizational Development and Communication
Reporting to:SRCS Executive Director in Mogadishu
|The Dissemination Officer is responsible to develop, plan and implement the SRCS mobilization program in order to sensitize selected groups on issues of interest, according to SRCS communication strategies, and to assess the impact. He/she evaluates and reinforces the communication and sensitization capacity of SRCS branches in Kismayo, Buale and Bardera branches.|
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, organizes and conducts thematic sessions to sensitize selected community groups;
- Conceptualizes and develops creative communication tools and actions at local level;
- Monitors and reviews progress of activities and take appropriate follow up actions;
- Consolidate and compile monthly, quarterly and yearly activity reports from the branches;
- Supports SRCS branches in training needs, implementation of workshops and development of communication materials/tools;
- Develops communication strategy on specific SRCS sensitization programs;
- Manages the budget related to his/her activity and provide all justifications;
- Any other task that his immediate supervisor or the coordinator may assign him/her.
- General Duties
- Be aware of the SRCS vision, mission and activities
- Apply the SRCS Safer Access Framework at all times
- Respects and observes the SRCS HR Policies and Procedures
- Perform any other tasks and duties when necessary
Experience and Knowledge
- At least 3 years of relevant communications related work experience;
- Strong working experience with media and radio program production
- University degree in media and communication, political science, journalism etc.;
- Experience in international work environments and intercultural communication;
- Excellent communication, networking, and inter-personal skills;
- Innovative and creative thinking in relation to communication,
- Proven excellence in writing and editing skills in Somalia and English;
- Good knowledge of computer tools, web and layout design an asset.
- Independent professional to contribute to the overall goal of SRCS;
- Flexible, willing to share information and to take up various tasks done in the office;
- Manage all relationships inside plan and outside constructively, diplomatically and with
- Sense of responsibility;
- Capacity to work in a multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure;
- Willingness to travel.
Age limit: 28 – 50 inclusive
Interested persons who have the above qualifications and experience should submit an application along with updated CV and other testimonials on18th April2019 at 12:00 pmto: email@example.com
Applications without all of the above-mentioned information will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Ensure you send copies of your certificates not original with your contact addresses. The submitted copies are un-claimable by their owners.