SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somalia Association is affiliated. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia has officially been working in Somalia since 1985. SOS is currently working in 134 countries worldwide. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse. SOS Currently working in Banadir and Bay Regoins, we expending our services to Bakool Region
SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the below Position of Distributer.
Job Title: Distributor
Location: Hudur, Somalia
The distributor is expected to provide a high standard of promoting optimum health and preventive health care, thereby contributing to a safe, efficient and effective service to patients.
Report to: Nutrition Supervisor
Key Area of responsibility:
- Counts, sorts or weighs incoming articles to verify that all items on the delivery note, packing list or invoice have been received
- Gives out exact number of food as per card.
- Moves or transports materials or supplies to other locations or projects, as requested by the Project Head.
- Examines all items received to verify that they are in good condition and conform with the specifications contained in the requisition or order form
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly distribution report..
- Issues stock to authorized project staff, keeping accurate records of all materials issued.
|· Proactive, result oriented, independent, able to identify and carry out duties with minimum supervision|
|· Willingness to work in a multicultural environment|
Qualifications and Experience
- Intermediate / secondary certificate or related field
- Minimum 1 years of progressive professional experience in Managements of store and distribution
- Excellent command in Somali languages
Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Stock management skills.
|· basic knowledge and experience in nutrition|
Desirable: Understanding local contexts and dialogues is additional value.
Child Safeguarding Policy: SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to: this email firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicating with subject line of the position.
Closing date is 09th DEC,2018
Competent Female candidates are encourage to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.