- Job category: Driver
- Post date:12 Nov 2019
- Job expires in: Endless
- Share job:
SPECIAL VACANCY NOTICE
Open to INTERNAL Candidates Only
Position Title: Driver
Vacancy Number: SVN/IOM/052/2019
Duty Station: Hargeisa,Somaliland
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G2
Type of Appointment: Short term, six (6) months with possibility of extension
Organizational Unit: Resource Management Unit
Direct Supervision: Procurement and Logistics Assistant
Overall Supervision: Head of Sub-office, Hargeisa
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 14 November 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Sub-office and the direct supervision of the Procurement and Logistics Assistant –Hargeisa sub Office for technical and day to day duties, the incumbent will be responsible for driving IOM vehicles to transport persons and goods authorized by IOM, from one destination to another in a timely, safe and cost effective manner.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Drive IOM vehicles and execute tasks as assigned by the Procurement and Logistics Assistant.
Ensure the safety of passengers, cargo and vehicle and observe traffic rules and road discipline.
Manage the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle to ensure roadworthiness before departure. This includes daily check of tires, brakes, engine oil, fan belt, etc. Always ensure cleanliness of the vehicle.
Collect mail and deliver various documents as planned by the Procurement and Logistics Assistant.
Fill in the inspection sheet of vehicle status and share with the Procurement and Logistics Assistant. Report promptly any defects or malfunctioning of the vehicle that requires immediate attention to the Logistics Assistant.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. Internal and External Candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy.
Page 2 / 3
Ensure that incase of accident that the supervisor is informed, and a police report is obtained. In no case should the driver accept responsibility.
Always maintain the vehicle road log sheet including the fuel status and oil change.
Always follow the rules and regulations of driving IOM vehicles.
Refuel the vehicle as required.
Be prepared and willing to work night/weekend shifts as requested and on regular basis.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum High/Secondary School Education.
• A clean and valid Driving Licence (A, B, C, E class). • At least five (5) years previous satisfactory (and accident free) driving experience after obtaining the driving license; • A Valid/current certificate of good conduct from the Somaliland Police;
• Possession of a Government driving test grade I & II and basic mechanical knowledge about vehicles
• Good knowledge of routes within Hargeisa/surrounding environs and Somaliland traffic laws.
• Good knowledge and working experience with VHF Radios. • Excellent customer service skills and able to communicate effectively in English • Punctuality: Drivers are expected to get to their destination on time, thus being able to manage your time wisely. • Mature, healthy with excellent eyesight and punctual with a good attendance record • Flexible and willing to work for long hours. • Excellent organizational skills including the ability to handle a variety of assignments sometimes with inflexible deadlines.
• Basic computer skills an added advantage.
Languages: Fluency in English and Somali as an Advantage.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
Page 3 / 3
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – Displays mastery of subject matter
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit CV and a cover letter indicating the Vacancy Notice Number (SVN No) and Vacancy name with three professional referees and their contacts (both email and telephone) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 14 November 2019;
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Women are encouraged to apply.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2201 total views, 2 today