CARE International is an international NGO working in Somalia/Somaliland. CARE and its partners work with vulnerable communities to address the underlying causes of poverty and promote peace and development, as well as mitigating immediate suffering caused by drought, conflict and displacement. We invite applications from experienced and talented individuals for the position ofDriver.
Thedriverwillprovidesafe,transport services forCAREinthedescribed areaofresponsibilities.Thedriverwilladheretoall trafficandCAREsafetyrulesandfollowthetransportguidelinesrequiredby CARElogistics/administrationdepartment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- OperateCAREvehiclesasassignedby supervisor;
- Understanding and familiar with field roads and geographical area
- Maintain proper, visible, clean and descriptive vehicle log-sheets in accordance with CARE policies/regulations;
- Check the vehicle conditions after each trip/routinely – report needs and problems to logistic/admin department;
- Adhere to all safety and communication protocols as advised by CARE and supervisor;
- Responsible for the safekeeping of all vehicle equipment, tools, first aid kits, spares etc.;
- Keep the vehicle ready, clean and on standby – ready for use at all times;
- Assist, as required, with logistics in the office and guesthouse daily workloads in supporting both administrative and program works;
- Ensure the vehicle seat belts are in good condition, clean and staffs fasten seat belts when using the vehicle, no vehicle should be driven or carry staffs/ passengers without fastening seat belts
- Make sure all necessary on board documentation are on the vehicle (incident form, accident form, log sheets, waiver, road
- Use sign, inventory check lists
- Ensure the vehicle has valid road use and other government legal documents
- Report all maintenance needs of the vehicle to logistic management in good time on a regular basis;
- Undertake field assignments as assigned;
- Worknightshiftsat CAREguesthouses when required – as assigned by Supervisor;
- Adherence to all CARE policies and procedures as outlined in CARE Somalia/Somaliland policies and procedure manuals;
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Validdriver’slicenseand5yearsofexperienceindriving4x4vehicles.Mustrespectandadheretoallsafetyandtraffic rules.BasicunderstandingofEnglishandfluencyinSomalilanguageisrequired.Understandingof the GeographicalArea of Somalilandandthetrafficlawsof Somalilandisrequired.
- Honest,reliableanda positiveattitude
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CV to email@example.com by July17th, 2018. Kindly indicate Driver – Hargeisaon the subject line when applying. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.