Economic Development Officer
For Somaliland Residents Only
Economic Development Officer I– Hargeisa.
Purpose of the Position
Ensure the successful implementation and monitoring of Economic Development/Empowerment interventions aimed at contributing to improved children wellbeing outcomes within the EFSP/FFP projects.
Work closely with farmer groups, village savings associations and relevant ministries to promote farming as a business, and facilitate entrepreneurship amongst project beneficiaries.
Project design, planning and implementation;
- Ensure identification of local needs and resources
- Contextualize/adopt design guidelines and utilize at the ADP/Project level
- Ensure accurate and quality in PDDs based on the partnership approved ED PMs (Savings Groups, Business Facilitation and Local Value Chains Development, Micro-Finance)
- Develop quality project Annual work plans with clear targets, budgets and 4D matrices
- Mobilize Communities for project implementation
- Provide field-level technical implementation leadership on ED
Monitoring, reporting and documentation;
- Engage community leaders and partners in the planning of the monitoring activities in an appropriate manner
- Develop monitoring plan with communities and partners agreeing on the required standards for monitoring, with support from the DME specialist
- Build the capacity of communities and partners on monitoring including using Savings Groups MIS, MFI, BF, Agribusiness and/or LVCD data collection forms
- Ensure monthly monitoring of indicators as per schedule developed together with communities and partners
Advocacy and Engagement and Networking;
- Ensure that the key laws, polices, regulations and government service delivery standards in Economic Development/Empowerment are shared, interpreting and explained to communities
- Effectively represent WVS in Economic Development/Empowerment stakeholder meetings at county and sub-county levels
- Report on resource mobilization opportunities at county and sub-county level
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Educational requirements: Degree in Business Management/Agribusiness/ Agricultural Economics/Agricultural Marketing or related field
- Experience: 2 years working experience in Economic Development/Agricultural Development/Agribusiness/Agro-finance projects at community level
- Experience in partnerships including Agriculture, Ministries of Trade, Cooperatives, Planning, Social Services and churches
- Have practical business knowledge with an emphasis on marketing and financial management
- Having research, monitoring and evaluation skills is an added advantage
Kindly note: All academic certificates will be verified with the issuing academic institution.
All Interested and qualified candidates should log on to;
For detailed requirements and qualifications for the above jobs.
All applications shall be received by 22th April, 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.