Application opening date: 01-06-2018
Application closing date: 28-06-2018
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER (MOGADISHU,FULL TIME)
Tamarso is specialized in building commercial and industrial scale solar energy systems in Somalia. We are an independent renewable energy company that is based in Mogadishu, Somalia. Our company is dedicated to facilitate and inspire/stimulate medium and large users of electricity in Somalia to use renewable energy as a primary source of energy. We provide holistic, high quality and secure hybrid energy and mini-grid solutions to commercial users such as hotels, large office buildings, universities, industries and grid suppliers.
Tamarso has successfully taken part of the installation and commissioning of several solar projects. Apart from the solar projects, Tamarso has done dozens of energy management/saving projects for clients in Mogadishu. In the coming months we are planning to install 4 Solar hybrid systems with off-grid option(with gensets and batteries) and on grid option(with utility grid) in Mogadishu. We want an electrical engineer who can supervise the technicians during the installation of our solar projects.
- Must be an electrical engineer (BA) with knowledge and practical experience with different types of solar energy systems, genset controllers, genset synchronization, main distribution board (MDB) sizing and power distribution.
- As an engineer your able to make and read schematics/diagrams based on multiple electrical engineering factors and translate it in to practical activity planning for the technicians.
- Analytical capacity and capacity to learn. Someone who is capable of absorbing new knowledge and information and applying it.
- Written fluency and excellent verbal communication in Somali and English.
- Personal characteristics such us: flexibility, integrity, self-reflection, creativity and innovative is wanted.
Job position, benefits and reward
The position starts with a month of introduction to our used solar technology. In the same month you will follow us to projects and work with us to get the feeling of what we do and how we do. In the second month you will start planning solar projects, and take part of the installation and the commissioning process. Depending on the state of your knowledge you will plan and supervise solar projects. You will get to know SMA Solar technology applications, you will work in a small team of engineers and technicians which gives you the opportunity to learn within the team. You will have the opportunity to grow within the company. The financial reward will be from the start and we will give more information about terms and conditions in the interview session.
Are you qualified and interested?
Please send an application letter and cv in English to Sharmarke Abdulkadir(S.abdulkadir@Tamarso.com). If you have any questions before officially applying, please check our website (www.Tamarso.com) or ask it through the e-mail.