Emergency Coordinator, Somalia
Job Title: Emergency Coordinator
Reports To: Country Manager, Somalia
Country/Location: Mogadishu, Somalia
Closing date: 05 Apr 2019
You will manage and provide technical oversight of the development and implementation of the Somalia emergency response and recovery programming, particularly for a large and complex OFDA project, ensuring effective systems and processes are in place that support high-quality programming that advances Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work in serving the poor and vulnerable. Your knowledge and skills in emergency programming and your management abilities will ensure the delivery of high-quality emergency programming that applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve. You will also serve as the Head of Office in Mogadishu, where 6 national staff are currently based.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
* Master’s Degree in International Development, International Relations or relevant field.
* Minimum of 5 years of field-based work experience in a program/project management position with an international NGO, with preferably at least 2-3 years working in emergency response programming.
* Strong knowledge of emergency guidelines and standards.
* Demonstrated ability to represent the organization at coordination meetings with donors, local government, UN, and other international NGOs.
* Demonstrated ability to write high-quality emergency proposals and strategy design. Familiarity with policies, procedures, and priorities of USAID, DFID, UN agencies and other donors preferred.
* Experience in managing moderately complex projects preferably with an international NGO.
* Good experience in project grants management, including project design, preferably for grants from multiple public donors, including USAID.
* Experience engaging with and building capacity of partner organizations
* MEAL skills and experience preferred
* Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
* Experience in building and motivating diverse and talented teams.
* Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
Required/Desired Foreign Language
* English fluency required
Travel Required (include percentage of required travel, if applicable)
* Approximately 25% travel to Nairobi and to Baidoa or other locations in Somalia, as security allows;
* Potential travel to other CRS programs in East Africa to support their emergency programming as time allows
* Track portfolio and project MEAL requirements — both CRS MEAL Policies and Procedures (MPP) and donor requirements.
* Work with MEAL staff and partner staff to implement the MPP and donor MEAL requirements applicable to your projects.
* Complete the annual MEAL procedure self-assessment for your projects and develop action plan to advance MEAL practice.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Accountability and Stewardship
* Build Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Continuous Improvement and Innovation
* Strategic Mindset
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
HOW TO APPLY:
Application URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=Z2xlbm4uYXVzbXVzLjkwOTk5LjM4MzBAY2F0aG9saW…