Publication date: 20/10/2018.
Closing date: 20 /11/2018
Make a difference, where it really counts
Location: Berbera in Somaliland
DURATION: 2 months
FairFishing is an INGO that will implement a project on private sector institutional capacity building and strengthening in Somaliland funded by the European Union from 2016 – 2018. The overall objective is to ensure the artisanal Fisheries population in Somaliland have enhanced livelihoods, food security and nutrition through improved and effective private sector management of the Fishery. The purpose of the project is also to strengthen the capacity of the private sector to maximize and manage marine resources. With this support FairFishing is rehabilitating and equipping the marine workshop in Berbera.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Take the responsibilities of supervising the development of the work shop to a sustainable business, including:
- – The maintenance of the equipment in the work shop.
- – Training of the employees in operating the equipment including safety procedures.
- – Cooperate actively with the fishers in Berbera.
- – Support the management of the work shop in running the business model.
- Take the responsibility of the installation of the crane at the work shop, including:
- – Removing the old crane in the fishing port of Berbera.
- – Installation of a German marine crane in the fishing port of Berbera.
- – Maintenance of the crane and connecting systems and report to the national coordinator as directed.
- -Training of the employees in operating the crane, including safety procedures.
- Support the workshop administrator on a daily basis in running the workshop.
- Support the FairFishing fish station in Berbera on maintenance and repairs of operating machinery.
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor diploma in hydraulic/electrical/mechanical systems.
- Minimum four years of relevant experience.
- Experience in fishery in Somalilandor similar is highly appreciated.
- Needed knowledge of equipment related to the fishery industry, including ice machines, generators, workshop equipment for repairs of outboard and inboard motors, glass fiber works is highly appreciated.
- Experience in installing marine crane and connecting systems is mandatory.
- The expert must have the ability to communicate effectively both in speaking and writing in Somali and English.
- The expert must have the skills to read and use the manuals to troubleshoot the machinery.
- The expert must be a team player in the project based on values as confidence and cooperation.
- The expert must be committed to the vision, mission and values of FairFishing.
How to apply:
Interested applicants have to send their proposals and CVs to somalifairFishingberbera@gmail.com not later than 12:00PM 20th of November 2018; Kindly note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. FairFishing is committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within the organization.