- Job category: Engineering/Construction Work
- Post date:18 Nov 2019
- Job expires in: Endless
- Share job:
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Position Title:Engineering Surveyor
Department: Engineering Department
Reporting to: Engineering Department Director
Duration: 1 year with Possibility of extension
Duty Station: Ministry of Public Works and Housing (MOPWH-JSS)
Project: ROAD INFRASTRACTURE PROGRAMME
Ministry of Public Works and Housing Jubaland state of Somalia (MOPWH-JSS) is implementing the Road Infrastructure Programme Somalia, funded by the AfDB through the MoPWRH-FGS. The developmental objective of the programme is to support Somalia’s economic growth by providing enhanced transport facilities that are reliable and cost effective and to improve connectivity, accessibility and transportation of goods, persons and service thereby supporting economic and social development as well as stability of the country as a whole. Further, the programme aims to improve the management of the road sector at the national and regional levels by reinforcing the capacities of federal and regional institutions that manage road infrastructure.
The programme entails: (i) rehabilitation and surface dressing of 82km (BeledWeyne-Kalabeyr 22km; and Dhusamareb-Qaradhi 60km) of the existing 327km, 7.3m wide BeledWeyne-Galkayo paved road; (ii) rehabilitation and surface dressing of 85 km (Galkayo-Faratoyo) of the existing 240km, 7.3m wide Galkayo-Garowe paved road; (iii) rehabilitation and construction of the existing 80km, 7.3m wide Luuq, Ganane-Dolow earth road to gravel road standard; and (iv) new construction of 100 km, 7.3m wide Galkayo-Elgula (part of 241km Galkayo-Hobyo feeder road) to compacted gravel standard and Feasibility study, environmental and social impact assessment and detailed engineering design of 280km Lowyaddo-Farddaha-Borama road
To execute the programme of RIP in Jubaland state the Ministry of Public Works and Housing is seeking to employ an Engineering Surveyor, who will assist the Technical officer and Infrastructure Expert on technical supervision for the implementation of the Road Infrastructure Programme. He/she will support the quality of control of the works of the implementing company in fulfilling its obligations under the agreements and effectiveness and quality construction of the Dolow – luuq ganane road Rehabilitation. The Engineering Surveyor conducts preliminary surveys for selected roads as per programme set plan
Reporting & Supervision:
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the incumbent is responsible for and accountable to all engineering in surveyor manages estimates and costs of the work. When the project is in progress, they keep track of any variations to the contract that may affect costs and create reports to show profitability.
- Analyze costs for maintenance and additional building needs
- Undertaking land/topographic/hydrographic/measured building surveys, using a variety of specialist equipment and technology, such as robotics and 3D scanners
- Analyzing data using plans, maps, charts and software such as AutoCAD and GIS (geographic information systems) programs
- preparing survey drawings
- presenting data to clients and writing reports
- advising about technical matters and whether construction plans are viable
- Numeracy and the ability to make mathematical calculations
- Prepare contracts and documents
- undertake cost analysis for repair and maintenance ministry project work;
- assist in establishing a client’s requirements and undertake feasibility studies;
- perform risk, value management and cost control;
- advise on a procurement strategy;
- prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client;
- identify, analyses and develop responses to commercial risks;
- prepare and analyses costing for tenders;
- allocate work to subcontractors;
- Review architectural plans and prepare surveyor needs
- Estimate surveyor exercises and costs of materials
- Set budgets for payments, inventory needs, and materials
- Track changes in plans or constructions; update budgets
- Negotiate with contractors and subcontractors
- Hire and document contractors and subcontractors
- Act as a liaison between clients and site managers/engineers
- Keep track of construction materials and inventory
- Identify potential financial or construction risks
- Advise clients on improvements, strategies, and/or estimated costs
- Document progress, materials, and reports on project
- Advise on property taxes, regulations, and local laws
- Source maintenance costs and facilities management for clients
- Develop and maintain working relationships with contractors and subcontractors
- Utilize software to calculate, record, and track inventory and estimates
- Any other duties assigned by his/her supervisor.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Surveyor, or equivalent,
- At least 5-6 years of professional work experience in surveying.
- Experience in working in the public sector.
- Excellent organizing and survey skills;
- Demonstrated survey skills;
- Demonstrated competence in the use of Microsoft Office;
- Excellent oral and written Surveying skills in Somali and English
- Interested Somali candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CVs including contact information for at least two work-related supervisors as referees to: Hr.email@example.com .Closing date by 25th Nov 2019 @5:00pm.
- Kindly indicate “Engineering Surveyor MOPWH-JSS & VA.no: 002– Kismayo, Somalia” on the subject line when applying.
- Qualified Female candidates is highly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
672 total views, 1 today