Environmental and Social Impact Assessment Officer
- Job category: Agriculture/Environment/Farming
- Post date:18 Nov 2019
- Job expires in: Endless
- Share job:
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Position Title: Environmental and Social Impact Assessment Officer
Department: Engineering Department
Reporting to: Engineering Department Director
Duration: 1 year with Possibility of extension
Duty Station: Ministry of Public Works and Housing (MOPWH-JSS)
Project: ROAD INFRASTRACTURE PROGRAMME
Jubaland Ministry of Public Works and Housing (MOPWH-JSS) is implementing the Road Infrastructure Programme Somalia, funded by the AfDB through the FGS MPWRH. The developmental objective of the programme is to support Somalia’s economic growth by providing enhanced transport facilities that are reliable and cost effective and to improve connectivity, accessibility and transportation of goods, persons and service thereby supporting economic and social development as well as stability of the country as a whole. Further, the programme aims to improve the management of the road sector at the national and regional levels by reinforcing the capacities of federal and regional institutions that manage road infrastructure.
The programme entails: (i) rehabilitation and surface dressing of 82km (BeledWeyne-Kalabeyr 22km; and Dhusamareb-Qaradhi 60km) of the existing 327km, 7.3m wide BeledWeyne-Galkayo paved road; (ii) rehabilitation and surface dressing of 85 km (Galkayo-Faratoyo) of the existing 240km, 7.3m wide Galkayo-Garowe paved road; (iii) rehabilitation and construction of the existing 80km, 7.3m wide Luuq, Ganane-Dolow earth road to gravel road standard; and (iv) new construction of 100 km, 7.3m wide Galkayo-Elgula (part of 241km Galkayo-Hobyo feeder road) to compacted gravel standard and Feasibility study, environmental and social impact assessment and detailed engineering design of 280km Lowyaddo-Farddaha-Borama road.
To carry out the programme, the Ministry of Public Works and Housing is seeking to employ an Environmental and Social Impact Assessment Officer (ESIA), who will assist the Ministry for the overall implementation of the Road Infrastructure Programme in Jubaland State.The overall function of the Environmental and Social Impact Assessment Officer (ESIA) is to improve the availability, quality, safety and resilience to climate change on the concerned road section, as well
as providing safe conditions for traffic combinations between motorized vehicles, un-motorized vehicles and pedestrians.
Reporting & Supervision:
- Under the Supervision of the Director, the position holder Assist the Implementing Agency in fulfilling its obligations under the relevant grant agreements.
The Following are the Roles and Responsibilities of Environmental and social impact officer but not limited to:
- Assist the Implementing Company in fulfilling its obligations under the relevant grant agreements;
- Assist the Infrastructure Expert in all issues related to Environmental and Social Impact Assessment towards implementation of the dollow- luuq ganane Road Construction/Rehabilitation Project
- Assist the Implementing Company in the implementation of the Environmental and Social Management Plan (ESMP) the Stakeholder Engagement Plan (SEP) and the Resettlement Action Plan (RAP);
- Assist the Implementing Agency/Company in the sensitization of project area inhabitants on communicable diseases environmental protection and support of gender mainstreaming activities;
- Assist the Implementing Agency/Company with implementing road safety education and awareness programs in communities along the project alignment.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree, in Environmental Sciences and Natural Resources Management
- 5-6 years’ professional experience in the field of environmental management that relate to transport sector
- Knowledge and experience in preparation of ESIA documents and monitoring of environmental compliance
- Problem solving skills
- Strong inter-personal skills, and proven team-player
- Excellent knowledge of English and Somalia language;
- Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CV to Hr.firstname.lastname@example.org .Closing date by 25th Nov 2019 @5:00pm.. Kindly indicate “ESIA Officer MOPWH-JSS-VAno.003– Kismayo, Somalia” on the subject line when applying.
- Qualified Female candidate is highly encouraged to apply.
- Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
984 total views, 10 today