EPI Nurses (3 Positions)
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somalia Association is affiliated. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia has officially been working in Somalia since 1985. SOS is currently working in 134 countries worldwide. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse. SOS Currently working in Banadir and Bay Regoins, we expending our services to Bakool Region
SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the below three Positions of EPI Nurses
Job Title: EPI Nurses (3 Positions)
The EPI Nurse is expected to provide a high standard of promoting optimum health and preventive health care, thereby contributing to a safe, efficient and effective service to patients
Report to: Nutrition Supervisor
Key Area of responsibility:
- Responsible for supervision of Immunization clinics and vaccine administration.
- Responsible for screening and administering vaccine at immunization clinics as well as computer system operation.
- Receiving vaccines from MCH coordinator, proper storage and handling of vaccines.
- Monitor amount of vaccine on hand and ordering if necessary.
- Check temperatures of cooler and refrigerator every AM and PM and maintain logs.
- Complete and maintain monthly and yearly appointment calendar.
- Handle and dispose of bio-hazard sharp containers.
- Keep supply containers clean and supplied.
- Ensure supplies are ordered as needed, on a monthly basis.
- Scheduling dates and times to immunize according to State and CDC guidelines.
- Maintenance of client appointment book, assisting clients with making appointments and updating client records as needed.
- Maintain current provider enrollment list and information.
- Contact physicians for immunizations updates.
- Responsible for daily, weekly and monthly EPI reports.
- To undertake any other duties assigned by his/her supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Nurse, PH or related field
- Minimum 3 years of progressive professional experience in Managements of Immunization, or had work with Health Partner for MCH Projects
- Excellent command in Somali and English
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ward Management Skills
- Basic Knowledge and experience Nutrition
- Proactive, result oriented, independent, able to identify and carry out duties with minimum supervision
Child Safeguarding Policy: SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to: this email email@example.com
Indicating with subject line of the position.
Closing date is 10th November,2018
Competent Female candidates are encourage to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.