SOMALIA STRENGTHENING INSTITUTIONS FOR PUBLIC WORKS PROJECT
Terms of Reference
|Duration:||20 months (depending on continued budget availability and need for the position as well as satisfactory or better performance evaluations)|
|Duty Station:||Ministry of Public Works, Reconstruction and Housing (MPWR&H Southwest State Somalia)|
Somalia Strengthening Institutions for Public Works Project (SSIPWP)
The SSIPWP project is the centre piece for building the capacity of the Federal Ministry of Public Works, Reconstruction and Housing (MPWR&H) and the recently established state-level Ministries and the Banadir Regional Administration (BRA). By developing more effective, efficient, inclusive and accountable institutions for public works and infrastructure.
SSIPWP project is funded by the African Development Fund (AFDB) and implemented through a Tripartite Protocol Agreement between the Somalia Federal Government, African Development Fund and the United Nations Office for Project Service (UNOPS).
The purpose of the SSIPWP project is improve the capacities of MPWR&H, State-Level Ministries and BRA responsible for public works to enable them independently plan, manage and oversee infrastructure construction projects and maintenance of public works ( Project Appraisal, 2016).
Purpose of the position
- Provides support to senior Minister at Ministry of Public Work, Reconstruction and Housing Southwest state, scheduling, correspondence, human resources, and meetings. Takes responsibility and ownership of Minister’s Office, support project management team, deadline compliance, and important documents and files.
- To administrate the operations within the Minister’s office and maintain the services of bookkeeping, answering of phone and e-mails, publications, and correspondence.
Scope of Services
Reporting to the director of Minister, the incumbent is responsible for and accountable to:
- The executive Assistant reports to the Senior Staff at Minister’s Office responsible for providing office management services to the office H.E. Minister of the MPWRH Southwest, this includes maintaining office services efficiency and maintaining office records.
- The executive Assistant will provide support to minister and employees, assisting in daily office needs and managingtheminister’s general administrative activities.
- To develop and maintain a filing system in the minister office.
- To update and maintain minister office protocols and procedures
Duties and Responsibilities includes but not limited to these:
- Organize and schedule meetings for the office the minister.
- Prepare meeting agendas, perform research for meetings, and take minutes during meetings
- Managing travel arrangements, including flights, transportation, and lodgings for senior Minister and other staff members.
- Maintain office correspondence, including Emails, calls and receiving post and maintaining MPWRH Southwest State social media presence.
- Perform reception duties such as answering phones where necessary at office.
- Manage the diaries and schedules of senior Minister.
- Communicate with minister, schedule Meetings, and arrange meeting agendas
- Liaise with Staff and other guests
- Organize media appearances and events
- Solve problems and contact the MPWRH Southwest state departments when necessary
- Maintain filing system, ensuring processes and software are up to date and in working order
- Manage projects and follow-up with team members where required
- Maintain a strong working relationship with other relevant departments, including DG.
- Liaise with other staff members on behalf of senior Minister
- Support to HR, and recruitment duties, including on-boarding new staff members and training new employees where necessary
- Prepare and deliver monthly reports.
Required Qualifications Experience and skills
- Diploma/Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Education Administration, or related field;
- At least 4 years of professional work experience in a relevant business or environment
- Experience in working in the public sector.
- Excellent organizing and communication skills;
- Demonstrated leadership skills;
- Demonstrated competence in the use of Microsoft Office;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Somali and English.
- Interested Somali candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CVs including contact information for at least two work-related supervisors as referees to firstname.lastname@example.org , Closing date by 25thMay 2019@5:00pm.
- Kindly indicate “Executive Assistance MPWRH Southwest state Somalia & VAno 0098/19” on the subject line when applying.
- Qualified Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted