|Title:||Field Coordinator (1 Positions)|
|Direct Supervisor:||Executive Director|
|Duty station:||Mogadishu – Somalia|
|Duration:||One year, (Renewable)|
|Starting Date :||July 10,2018|
- Background information
The Center for Research and Dialogue is an independent not-for-profit organization aiming to promote social, economic, and political rebuilding of Somalia. The Center is committed to promoting consensus decision-making at the policy and community level by encouraging and supporting the participation of citizens in the affairs affecting their lives. The goal of CRD is to empower Somali communities’ transition to peaceful change by providing them with a neutral venue to identify their issues, set priorities, and develop inclusive and sustainable outcomes.
CRD in partnership with FCA is implementing a project of “Supporting Interim Administrations through the formation of efficient, active and inclusive District Authorities.
The project’s Overall objective is to contribute to strengthened stability in the emerging Federal Member States.
III. Duties and Responsibilities
- Principal coordinator for all project activities, including meetings with traditional elders, district administrations, MPs, and all other stakeholders related to the project
- Responsible for program planning, including: developing timelines, work plans, budgets, etc.
- Will be directly involved in program implementation and assisted by the Liaison Officer, Field Officers and other staff associated with the project
- Responsible for managing all staff associated with the Local Governance project.
- Write bi-weekly progress reports and quarterly donor reports
- Liaise with Finance Manager to ensure strict financial accountability measures are met.
- Assist in the design and implementation of the projects monitoring and evaluation plans
- Ensure compliance with all donor and partner requirements
- Direct management of interactions with stakeholders and other related parties to the project
- Other duties and responsibilities as designated by the Executive Director.
|IV. Required Skills and Experience|
· Master Degree in Social Science, Political Science or extensive and equivalent related experience.
· 7 years of relevant experience working in a district setting.
· Prior experience in similar post-conflict context is an advantage;
· Proven track record and experience in reporting and communicating results.
· Sound judgment with proven ability to work effectively under minimum supervision.
Please send an application letter and CV by email with a subject title “Field Coordinator” to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 26th of June 2018 at 5:00 pm local time.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are highly encouraged.