Field Officer (2 positions)
Field Officer (2 positions)
VSF Germany, Ngong’ Road, Piedmont Plaza, Opp. Former KSTC
VSF Germany is an international Non Governmental Organization, providing humanitarian aid and development assistance to pastoralists and vulnerable communities in areas where livestock is of importance. VSF Germany supports in animal health, livestock related agriculture, marketing, food safety, drought responses and mitigation, capacity development of communities and governmental institutions, peace and conflict resolution with the ultimate aim of food security and strengthened livelihoods of pastoralist communities. In the region, VSF Germany implements activities in the Republic of South Sudan, Sudan, Kenya, Somalia and Ethiopia. It focuses on Livestock, food security and Livelihoods, Natural Resources Management, Peace and Conflict, Good governance, Disasters & Emergency, and Agriculture, marketing, but also with developing the capacity of communities and governmental institutions or initiating peace and conflict resolution we work towards food security and strengthened livelihoods of pastoralist communities. The regional office is based in Nairobi.
Posting Location and duration
Location: Cadadley or Dacardudhuq district with travels to Head Office in Hargeisa as may be required from time to time.
Duration: of this position runs 4 months from 1st September 2018 to 31st December 2018, and may be renewed depending on performance.
Purpose of the job: To provide technical expertise and support in planning, implementation monitoring, reporting and communication to the Project Manager and the project field teams. The Senior Project Officer will be in charge of direct implementation of project activities.
Direction: The position holder will work under the guidance and in close cooperation with the Senior Project Officer and in the collaboration with all field staff. He is directly responsible for community mobilization and actual activity implementation.
Duties & Responsibilities
Works with the Senior Project Officer and by extension Project Manager to gather information and materials used with the community residents
- Conduct both structured and unstructured trainings of the community on the implementation of various project activities; community awareness, organizing of training venues, distribution of project input to beneficiaries, etc.
- Oversees the implementation of all project activities by beneficiaries in selected areas.
- Interacts with the community and compiles information for the Senior Project Officer.
- Conduct community meetings to update residents on progress of the implementation
- Mobilize the community in the selection of project beneficiaries for monitoring, supervision & accountability.
- Mobilizes the community to ensure their participation in appraisal of progress of the project..
- Provide information and updates to the Senior Project Officer /Project Manager on the progress of activities in the Field.
- Organize and plan for community sensitization meetings on various project aspects.
- Conduct house hold Field visits to assess the needs and progress of the activities implementation.
- Collect data for baseline surveys e.g. Beneficiary profiles, Market surveys etc.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Line Manager.
Minimum qualifications and work experience
- At least a Diploma qualification in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Agricultural Science, Animal Science, or similar discipline.
- At least 5 years working experience as a Field Officer (or similar position) in implementation of donor-funded projects.
- At least 3 years working experience in extension services linked to dairy and meat value chain or working with community based groups involved in income generating activities.
- At least 3 years working experience in capacity building of communities, Income Generating Groups, government staff, and non-government organizations.
- Experience in liaison with national and international actors in community based interventions, gender and youth issues.
- Good knowledge in monitoring and documentation of knowledge management.
- Ability to promote team work for effective and efficient output.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required
HOW TO APPLY:
Application: Interested persons should submit their application and CV to the following Email addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com indicating on the position, thus; “Field Officer –Somaliland”. The closing date for receiving applications is 20th August 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. The assessment of the applications received will be on a continuous basis due to urgency of the recruitment.
This is a National position and Somaliland Citizens are encouraged to apply.
N/B: VSF G does not ask for payment from applicants for recruitment of any position in its organization.