NOTE: This position is a replacement position for the education officer “ref no SHACDO/EO/037/2018″ that SHACDO advertised previously.
We regret for any inconveniences!
Job Title: Field Officer
Reports to: Field Coordinator
Duty station: Afgoye, Lower Shabelle Region
Contract details: 1 year & Renewable
Three months probation period
Work Type: Fixed Term Staff
Date Issued: 28/04/2018
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: SHACDO/FO/039/2018
Shabelle Community Development Organization (SHACDO) is a local non-governmental humanitarian and development organization which is headquartered in Mogadishu-Somalia, but has sub project office in Afgoye district. The organization has been implementing outstanding community development projects in collaboration with National and International partners. Such projects included basic community needs during the severe famine i.e. humanitarian projects, e.g. Cash For Work, Education, Capacity building and training for the community development workers, construction of water wells and tanks, clean water provision, waste collection, sensitizing the community on Sexual-gender based violence, use and drinking of clean water and Environmental health and sanitation.
SHACDO prioritizes to identify the most appropriate targets for their projects where the poorest communities are suffering most.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
SHACDO is seeking to recruit qualified candidate of project Officer who will be based in the field office of Afgoye district under Lower Shabelle Region with potential visits to Wanle-weyn district and any other programme locations in Somalia especially Awdhegle district if they become accessible.
General Description of the Role:
The project officer is responsible for designing and delivering SHACDO’s integrated project activities in Lower Shabelle region. Responsibilities include developing effective measures to strengthen project practices and production, ensuring implementation in line with donor commitments and funding allocations and monitoring implementation to document practice and impact. The project officer will develop in-depth knowledge of the field activities and undertake substantial field work. Involvement into the project site monitoring, and regular reporting to the field supervisor.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- To assist SHACDO in identifying needs and plan humanitarian interventions in target areas via the roll out of need assessments based on appropriate methods
- Ensure timely activity implementation and monitoring of the education activities as well as facilitating regular updates to the head office.
- To conduct a baseline and end line research and provide reports to the organization for decision making.
- To work with community education committee in the planning and enrolment of the activities on community engagement for literacy promotion and education enhancement. Conducting daily school supervision and monitoring.
- Distribute and monitor the use of school materials according to the procedures.
- Ensure that there are adequate supplies of all items necessary for the smooth function of the education section. Support processes of project baseline and evaluation of the education project.
- Suggest new methods and approaches in order to improve the quality of the education project activities.
- Report all protection related concerns.
- Carry out data collection as required.
- Prepare and file relevant documents as required by line manager
- To assist in the identification of education needs in the most vulnerable community.
- To collect relevant data for the project and synthesize them before delivery.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by the management
- Ensure that project activities are implemented in accordance with the approved project documents
- Ensure that the Project budget are spent in line with the approved activities
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Ensure compliance of administrative and financial procedures of SHACDO and donors.
- Provide advice and updates in the project management and implementation
- Conduct research and assessments with solid methodologies
- Ensure high-quality reporting and assist the organization when need arises
- Support capacity building processes throughout the project
- Prepare field reports- weekly, monthly and quarterly.
- Ensure that all experiences and lessons learnt during the project course are well documented for the use of future references
- Look for opportunities to expand, improve or adapt the programme and advise the SHACDO management
- Other tasks as may reasonably be requested by the SHACDO management
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- University Degree in Agriculture, management, community development or any other related degree .
- Previous experience in humanitarian organization with similar scope of work will be considered an asset;
- Fluent in English is required, full PC literacy including Microsoft Access;
Experience and Skills
- At least Three years’ experience of Field work-related humanitarian/development program implementation
- Experience of implementing integrated project activities and income generation activities
- Experience of working in complex, insecure environments
- Fluent spoken and written Somali
- Decision making ability and good leadership style
- Should have good technical skills
- Special Skills
- Good analytical thinking and good interpersonal skills
- Ability and willingness to interact successfully and respectfully with people at all levels and from all backgrounds
- Ability to work under pressure and without constant supervision.
- Flexibility and ability to carry out additional duties and tasks as required and adapt to a changing operational environment
- Innovative and pro-active with a positive attitude
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should apply by submitting their applications (cover letter, updated CV and contacts of 3 professional referees) by email to firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com or SHACDO’s Office, Hirey Kasim Building, KM4, Taleh road, Hodan district, Mogadishu-Somalia with the subject line and vacancy notice number “Application for Field Officer/039” The closing date for the application is 10th May 2018. Applications and CVs submitted after deadline will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- Posted by: Somali Jobs Inc
- Company: Shabelle Community Development Organization (SHACDO)
- Location: Anywhere
- State: Afgoye
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Coordinator
- Tags: No Tags
1528 total views, 1 today