|ORGANIZATION:||Human Appeal, www.humanappeal.org.uk|
|NUMBER OF POSITIONS:||2|
|DUTY STATIONS:||Luuq and Bardera District in Gedo Region, Somalia|
|REPORTING TO:||Field Coordinator|
|WORKING WITH:||Programme Team|
|STARTING DATE:||20th June, 2019|
Human Appeal is a non-profit organization working across the globe to strengthen humanity’s struggle against poverty, social injustice and natural disaster. Through the provision of immediate relief and establishment of sustainable development programmes, we aim to invest in real effective solutions.
Now over 25 years, Human Appeal has a presence in 24 countries spanning across 3 continents: Asia, Africa and Europe. 2018 is an exciting time as we continue to build on our achievements to transform the lives of millions of people across the world. We are looking for an incredible Finance officer to join our teams in Mogadishu office.
Human Appeal Somalia provides emergency and early recovery interventions to the conflict and natural disasters affected populations in different sectors including WASH, shelter/NFI, child protection, food security and livelihoods.
The Field Officers will be based in Luuq and Bardere districts respectively, with regular visits to field sites as part of the Improving Livelihood and Agricultural Production of Poor Farmers in Luuq and Bardere districts, Gedo Region, Somalia which is generously funded by the Embassy of Japan in Kenya under the Grant Assistance for Grassroots Human Security Projects (GGP). The Field Officers will respectively coordinate all aspects of project implementation, monitoring and quality programming to the project sites. The Officers will consultant closely at all times with Field Coordinator will effectively follow his technical guidance.
Human Appeal Somalia iscurrentlyimplementingsix monthsLivelihoodand Agriculture Production ProjectinLuuq and Bardere districts, Gedo Region, Somalia. Generously funded by the Embassy of Japan in Kenya under the Grant Assistance for Grassroots Human Security Projects (GGP).Thecomponentsoftheprojectincludes;Training farmer on Good Agricultural Practices to minimize their exposure to shocks and they will be expected to train the rest 2000 household farmers. The training will be conducted in a number of sessions. Good crop and farm management are important ingredients for a good harvest and the techniques the famers will deploy on their farms will reflect in the production and consequently have food for their household.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Participate in the Project Baseline Survey.
- Ensure that Human Appeal’s objectives are well disseminated to awareness amongst beneficiaries.
- Participate in the community mobilization, selection and registration of project beneficiaries.
- Ensure equal participation by all segments of the community taking into consideration issues regarding, gender, age and clan affiliation.
- Conduct regular field visits to project sites and update the progress of the project to the Field Coordinator.
- Maintain all documentations relating to the project activities to ensure accountability to donor.
- Weekly onsite monitoring and report activity progress and challenges.
- Collaborate with the Field Coordinator for all aspects of the project implementation at field level.
- Play an important role in the realization of project outputs and outcomes through timely monitoring.
- Regularly attend the relevant zonal clusters for information sharing and coordination.
- Participate in the Project Evaluation.
- Perform any other tasks/duties as requested
- Secondary level of educationin a relevant Field
- Minimum of two years working experience in livelihoods, community development and community mobilization.
- Experience working with Non-Governmental Organization.
- Good Command in Somali and English-spoken and written.
- Computer Skills, good organization and people centered management skills.
- Ability to represent the organization in key meetings.
- Good Communicator in working with local communities, local NGOs and local authorities.
- Good negotiator in working with local NGOs and local authorities.
- Agriculture, Social Science, Rural Development or relevant fields graduate with years of experience.
- Experience in livelihood and agriculture.
- Ability to speak and write both Somali and English languages.
- Extensive field experience.
- Proven ability to interact and communicate with effectively with local authorities.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to operate and work under pressure and manage stress.
- Very good computer skills.
These positions directly reports to the Field Coordinator.
Availability: 20stJune, 2019
Duty Stations: Luuq&BardereDistricts in Gedo Region, Somalia.
Contract: This is 5 months contract.
All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org the 15th June, 2019 with Field Officer-Luuq/Bardere as the subjectline. All applicants must meet the minimum requirements described above, and those unable to meet these requirements will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Each application should include the following:
- An application letter.
- Scanned copies of academic certificates.
- Scanned copies of workshops/training certificates.
- Updated CV including relevant work experience andqualifications (Not longer than 4 pages).
- Contact details of 3 references.
Applications not including all the above information will not be reviewed. Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Human Appeal is an equal opportunity employer.