Field Officer, Durable Solutions (DS)
- Job category: Field Affairs
- Post date:21 Nov 2019
- Share job:
Field Officer, Durable Solutions (DS)
Concern Worldwide is an international non-governmental humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Somali nationals for the following position:
|Job Title:||Field Officer, Durable Solutions (DS)|
|Reports to:||Field Coordinator, Durable solutions (DS)|
|Job Location:||Based in Baidoa, SWS Somalia with travel to the other programme locations as necessary.|
|Direct reports:||This position will closely liaise with key stakeholders in the project locations|
|Contract Details:||Two years|
|Job Purpose:||Responsible for the leadership, management, learning and successful implementation of Concerndurable solutions community engagement activities in Southwest state of Somalia. The incumbent is to ensure that goals and objectives specified for the concerned programmes are accomplished in accordance with established priorities, strategies, timelines and budgets, and that all reports and information required are produced on time and to a high standard. Further, the incumbent will be responsible to spearhead key community empowerment and related activities, especially the community trainings andmentoring of communitygroups including Displacement Affected Communities (DAC) Forum on community driven, participatory and bottom up approaches. S/he will facilitate development of community action planning process, prioritization, implementation and joint monitoring with various Durable solutions (DS) stakeholders on the ground. The incumbent will facilitate community forums and discussions on community resources, needs and gaps, community driven solutions and lesson learning. The project implementing approach put the affected communities at the center of all initiatives, allowing them to make decisions on the services they need thus resulting in community-driven durable solutions that address existing and future service needs and livelihood opportunities for attainment of community-led and community- owned DS in South West State of Somalia.|
|Main duties &
|Program implementation and coordination
· Liaise with local authority/line ministry representatives as necessary for better relation and collaboration for timely implementation, monitoring and lesson learning.
· Act as technical focal point for all activities and outputs on community engagement and community levels, attend monthly and ad hoc meetings, and contribute and represent Concern at all related events and meetings.
· In conjunction with partner organization, develop a project implementation plan and report back on implementation progress on community-led initiatives.
Monitoring and Evaluation
· Document lessons learned, case studies, suggest and support initiatives to improve quality of the project
· Carry out or participate in rigorous monitoring of field activities against the project activity plan. Provide written briefs on all field visits carried out.
· Ensure that all cross-cutting issues are well mainstreamed into programme activities e.g. Gender, DRR, environment among others
· Ensure active community participation in project activities and continuous flow (two-way) of information between the Concern field staff, Partner organizations and target communities/beneficiaries.
· Give feedback on programme quality issues and any complaints from beneficiaries to the field coordinator after field visits.
· Participate in emergency interventions if/as required by management.
· Carry out any other duties reasonably assigned by your line manager.
|· A bachelor’s Degree in Community Development, development studies, Social Sciences or any other relevant field with two (2) years’ experience or a Diploma in Community Development, Social sciences or any other relevant field with at least three (3) years’ experience in implementing community projects
· At least two (2) years’ experience in implementing Community projects
· A Trainer of Trainers in Community empowerment approaches
· Must have a working knowledge of Project Cycle Management
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Good computing and report writing skills
· Be able to work independently, as well as in a team
· Strong leadership and management skills
· Be willing to accept responsibility and to show good judgment, initiative, and resourcefulness.
· Experience coordinating similar programmes and/or working within consortiums.
· Good knowledge of and skills in using participatory methodology and approaches.
· Excellent written and spoken English, fluent Somali. Excellent analytical skills.
· Strong computer skills at least on Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
|Disclaimer Clause||This job description is not exhaustive and may be revised by the line manager from time to time.|
|How to Apply||Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should submit their applications (cover letter, updated CV and contacts of 3 professional referees as one document) by email to email@example.com with the subject line “Application for Field Officer, Durable Solutions (DS)” by Thursday 28th November 2019.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
|Concern has an organizational Code of Conduct (CoC) with three Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy. These have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organisation, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organisation to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the content of both the Concern Code of Conduct and the Associated Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies|
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2865 total views, 1 today