Field Workers (1 Positions- Female)
TOR/ JOB PROFILE
Position: Field Workers (1 Positions- Female)
Report to: Education Officer – GECT
Background: Relief International (RI) is a leading non-profit organization working in 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships, and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
- To spend 70% of time in field for different project activities in targeted schools & communities under EGEP-T.
- Aware and mobilize communities and conduct meetings with community members including children, parents, teachers etc.
- Create awareness among the communities through Broad Based Community Meetings.
- Aware and mobilize Community Education Committees of schools on their roles and responsibilities.
- Keep close coordination with CEC & children club in developing action plans & regular follow ups of ongoing actions plan with the motive to bring them to level of sustainability.
- Identification of marginalized girls for fee waiver as per set criteria through the engagement of MoE&HE, CECs & regular follow up to track their attendance in schools.
- Regularly conduct meetings with children club & to bridge the gap between CECs, female mentors & girls club through joint meetings.
- Assist community members to identify their needs and to generate solutions, identifying priority issues and to analyze their problems specifically related to education.
- To raise and enhance awareness to community Education Committees to develop project and improve coordination at deference level.
- Arrange community meetings for the project implementation.
- Review and write all community mobilization and capacity building reports, assessments and recommendations in consultations with GECT Education Officer and with oversight from senior project staffs.
- Assist the education officer in identification of project beneficiaries with close coordination with community leaders.
- Work with RI regional team and stakeholders to insure that all program activities are comply with RI policies.
- To submit monthly field visit plan & reports by collection of information and data from the field, data analysis and report documentation to the Education officer.
- Organize & conduct different trainings at village/school level.
- Work with RI project team and stakeholders to ensure that all program activities comply with RI policies.
- Develop positive relations with all key actors in project area.
- Conduct joint training needs assessment and data collection survey as & when needed.
- Represent RI in the project with stakeholders and community at the highest standard to ensure strong acceptance and implementation support for activities.
- Keep close coordination with Socio Behavior Change Communications Coordinator for technical assistance on community engagement activities.
- Assist education officer in preparation of periodic narrative and other related reports.
- Carry out any other additional responsibilities as assigned by the line manager/supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in social sciences or related discipline
- Demonstrated 2 years of overall experience; and a minimum of 6 months to 1 year’s specific development sector experience of community engagement/social mobilization for education projects.
- Excellent mobilization skills;
- Computer Literate – Microsoft Office;
- Teamwork Skills;
- Be a Somali National.
Relief international’s values:
Relief International (RI) is committed to upholding the rights of all children and vulnerable adults that we serve and those that we interact with in the course of our work to be protected from all forms of abuse and exploitation as outlined in the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and Inter Agency Standing Committee (IASC) six core principles on Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA). RI has zero tolerance to beneficiaries’ and staff abuse and exploitation.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants should send their applications (CV and cover letter with 3 referees) to email@example.com indicate the title as “Field Worker, Garowe” in the subject line.
The closing date for applications is January 20, 2019. Only qualified and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
RI is an equal opportunity employer. Due to the nature of the project and need to work directly with girls and young women, ONLY female applicants can apply.