Pact Inc. and the American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI), in partnership with local legal aid organizations (LAOs), are implementing a five-year Expanding Access to Justice (EAJ) project in Somalia with USAID.
Pact Inc. Somaliland office seeksto hireaFinance/Admin. Officerto bebasedinthe Hargeisa Officeto provide anopportunitytoputintopracticetheknowledgeandexperience theyhaveacquired. Thispositionreportsto theOperations ManagerbasedinHargeisa.
- Receive and process all cash advances on time and arrange for bank runs to ensure cash is availed to staff and sub recipients on a timely basis.
- Receive and examine payment request supporting documents.
- Follow up on positing of captured invoices for timely payment processing.
- Processing all payment requests submitted from suppliers and staff.
- Ensure that all recurrent invoices and utility bills are paid on time.
- Recording and updating financial books of accounts with payments.
- Preparation of journals. Processing staff and partners liquidations.
- Reviewing of supplier reconciliation/accounts payable and ensure accounts payable are up to date.
- Identify grantee financial training needs and provide technical assistance where required.
- Provide any other financial information, as requested, and respond to any other financial queries
- Preparing monthlybank reconciliation reports for Somalia bank accounts and following up with vendors on uncollected and unpresented cheques
- Preparing Statutory payments and ensuring that such payment is made on time without attracting penalties
- Monitoring cash flowand ensuring that sufficient funds are always available in the bank
- Preparing and passing journal entries on need basis
- Assist in organization Audits
Operations and Human Resources:
- Maintain a list of all assets within Somaliland Pact offices
- Organize staff and visitors’ logistics.
- Assist with procurement of office requirements ensuring all procedures are followed
- Undertake basic human resource functions.
- Be part of staff onboarding processes as well as ensuring all employment contracts are up to date.
- Support in timely and accurate payroll preparation, reporting and maintaining of related documents and records
- Monitor staff time, attendance and absence as well as ensuring adherence to staff leave schedule.
- Respond to routine employee enquiries, both oral and written to ensure the accurate and timely provision of information
- A Bachelor’s degree inbusiness administration, commerce, accounting, human resources or a related field.
- 5 years’ experience in accounting and administration.
- Integrity, commitment to learning and reliable
- Team player
- Respect for people of all cultures
- Good command in English both written and verbal
- Computer literate
How to apply:
Interested applicants fulfilling the requirements are invited to send their application letter and CV to email@example.com indicating “Finance/Admin. Officer – Hargeisa” on the subject line. Deadline for applications: September 29th, 2018
Pact is an equal opportunities employer.