Finance & Administration Assistant
Health Poverty Action (HPA) formerly Known as Health Unlimited works with some of the poorest and most marginalized communities in Africa, Asia and Latin America, often in very difficult environments. We work to enable these communities to achieve improvements to their health, promoting this as one of their fundamental human rights.Spanning almost a quarter of a century; Health Poverty Action’s work has grown to include programmes in 14 countries across Africa, Asia and Latin America (with more currently in development). We always prioritise the most poor and the most marginalised – those neglected by governments and almost everyone else. This has led us to work in some very difficult environments, often providing the only external assistance.
HPA Somaliland seeks to recruit competent and dynamic professionals for the positions of Finance & Administration Assistant The positions are based in HPA Berbera office with frequent travel to project sites within the Sahil region as detailed bellow;
- Position: Finance & Administration Assistant
Duration: 6 Months
Duty Station: Berbera with frequent field travel within Sahil region
Reporting to: Finance Officer
Main Areas of Responsibilities and description of tasks:
- Assist the HPA FAO in coordinating the financial issues related to all projects of the organization.
- Get familiarised with the Quick Books and the accounting systems used by HPA with the help of FAO.
- Assist FAO that all financial activities of the projects in accordance with the policies and procedures for the organization.
- Support the FAO to finalise monthly accounts of the Quick Books and submit to CFM for final checks
- Check that all the expenditures are properly authorised and against the budget balances and monitor expenditures are fully supported with relevant documents attached.
- Support with the monitoring and control all Sahil petty cash funds;
- Update daily cash transactions for all projects in the Quick books in absence of FAO.
- Ensure the compliance of both internal and external policies and procedures of the organization.
- Prepare monthly fuel consumption report with km/ltr analysis standard formats
|· Ensure that all staff and visitors are well briefed of the administrative procedures and systems in place in the organization.
· Coordinate and manage systematically internal and external office communications with close consultation of FAO.
· Support and facilitate periodic projects staff and administration functions consultation meetings.
· Completing LPOs and supplier contracts consultation with the FAO
· Provide day to day oversight of security at the office and guesthouses.
|· Producing monthly usage reports of Health Poverty Action consumables and supplies.|
|· Ensure that contractual agreements of office premises and expatriates residences are renewed on time and properly implemented accordingly
· Initiate payments for goods and services – suppliers, water bill, electricity bill, telephone bill, fuel etc
|· Ensure office and guest house equipment (water pump, generator, TV, refrigerator etc.) are functioning thru regular service maintenance.
· Follow up on reported maintenance needs for field facilities
· Support TORH in maintenance of (orders/receiving/supplying) supplies for project field facilities.
· Responsible in managing all aspects of personnel management and ensure implementing good practices of personal management systems
· Supervise the job performance of subordinate staffs (Driver, Guards, cleaners and kitchen staffs
· Facilitate all programme recruitment process providing guidance to recruiting managers, making available all necessary policy documents/references
· Organize and plan induction programmes for newly recruited staff and administer personnel files
· Ensure staff personal files are maintained up to date and kept in locked cabinet to protect the private confidential information
· Ensure staff leaving the office during working hours recording their destinations and period of absence
· Prepare staff annual leave balance reports at the end of every month.
· Keep records of all staff leave requested and taken electronically and manually by submitting all leave records to FAO quarterly.
· Process and document sick leave requested, ensuring that doctor’s certificate is provided
· Work closely with line managers ensuring that all staff comply with Health Poverty Action policies and procedures within the TACOS, including the NSP Policy, Code of Conduct and Security, Health and Safety procedures.
· Ensure that travel/transport plans for program staff are in compliance with the HPA TACOS and activity work plan
· Keep up to date register on changes in the local law.
· Perform any other duties as assigned by the FA or PM
How to Apply (NB- Please do not apply if you cannot follow these simple instructions);
All Applications should be addressed to: The HR-HPA
Please send an Updated CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating full contact details of at least 3 professional referees.
Please Quote “PPS-HPA-DEC-2018” and the Position you are applying for in the Subject line of your email.
Only applications sent by email will be accepted.
These are national positions. We strongly encourage female candidates to apply for these positions.
Deadline for Submission: Thursday 27th December 2018 at 5.00 PM. Applications submitted after this deadline will not be accepted.
We regret that only Shortlisted Applicants will be contacted for interviews.