Reporting to:Finance Officer
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organization which has been operating in Somalia since 1997. DRC has mainly focused on Somalis who are displaced by conflict and natural disaster. DRC programs include Protection, Food Security & Livelihoods, Shelter/NFI and Water & Sanitation.
ABOUT THE JOB;
The Finance Assistant will assist in all financial matters, supporting field payments and daily update of the cash books and the physical cash count.
· Make payments, including preparing payment vouchers ensuring necessary authorization;
· Responsible for scanning financial documents and will send to respective areas in Somalia.
· Manage and account for the petty cash of the office;
· Custody of check books and cash checks.
· Ensure all the necessary documentation is collected, checked and attached to payment vouchers
· Collect cash transfers made by HQ and deal with any other business with the bank.
· Ensure telephone and electricity bills are paid in time every month
· Undertake any other duties that may be requested by the Finance Officer, to facilitate the smooth running of the Finance Section in DRC/DDG.
|Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
· Minimum 2 years’ experience for finance assistant
· Familiar with accounting packages such as QuickBooks and Peachtree
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
· Bachelor degree in business administration
· Diploma in accounting.
· Fluent in English writing and speaking
· Native Somali language.
Key stakeholders: (internal and external)
· DRC support staff(internal)
· DRC program staff(internal)
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You are a strong networker and enjoy working with many different types of stakeholders, you involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while balancing the role of advisor and taking leadership Communicating: You write and speak effectively and honestly and display political and cultural sensitivity, including ability to adapt well to local cultures
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values
|TERMS AND CONDITIONS Availability: September, 2018
Other terms of employment will be in accordance with DRC terms for National staff
The position is open to Nationals ONLY.
Interested & qualified candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit their updated CV and a 1-page Cover letter clearly stating their motivation and why they are suited for the post to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Finance Assistant” not later than 21st August 2018.@ 04:30PM EAT
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the written test & oral interview.
(DRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer)
The Job description may not exceed two pages