The Nordic International Support Foundation
Years Of Experience: 3-4 years
Closing date: 10 Mar 2019
The Nordic International Support Foundation (NIS) is a Norwegian-registered non-profit organization engaged in stabilization and reconciliation initiatives in conflict and post-conflict areas. Our primary areas of intervention are institutional development, public service delivery, and conflict resolution. Headquartered in Oslo, Norway, NIS is currently implementing projects in Somalia, Myanmar, and the Sahel. NIS Somalia is currently implementing a wide range of projects in South Central, Puntland and Somaliland with plans to expand in to new areas. The organization has offices in Mogadishu, Baidoa Kismayo and operational presence across all federal member states of Somalia.
Position: Finance Assistant
Reports to: Finance Officer
Duty station: Mogadishu
1. Role and responsibilities
To support the finance department in the day to day running of all financial matters in the Country office in order to provide efficient and effective Finance Management in Nordic Support Foundation Country program in Somalia.
Comply with Financial Handbook and other NIS policies
Ensure timely preparation of payment vouchers
Receive, review and reconcile invoices from vendors
Record all cash movements
Follow up on advances and refunds
Ensure timely transfer of funds to all NIS Somalia field offices.
Prepare and arrange for bank withdrawals and transfers and present for verification
Maintain the filling system for all financial and accounting documents
Update data in the Financial Accounting System-SAGE
Work closely with the other departments to ensure timely payments
Support during audits
Replace the Finance Officer during absence.
· Assist with any other duties assigned by the Finance Officer/Finance and Administration Manager, as and when required.
Job execution is evaluated based on the following criteria:
· Level of results achieved, according to Country Strategies, Plan of Actions, Project Descriptions (donor applications), Budgets
· Level of delivery according to deadlines and quality requirements
· General contribution: working groups, strategy and policy developments, program developments etc.
· Flexibility and ability to adjust to changes and new requirements
· Level of personal contribution in supporting colleagues, teambuilding and a healthy, positive and creative working environment
· The FC as a role model for NIS (Does he/she adhere to the NIS values, the Code of Conduct, Security regulations etc.)
PROFILE OF PERSON
· Solid experience of work with windows-based computer software, and modern accounting-systems
· Understanding of issues in complex emergencies and crisis contexts
· Strong Excel, communication, interpersonal, analytical and negotiation skills
· Political and cultural awareness and experience of working where insecurity is a major issue
· Fluency in the English language, both written and verbal
Qualifications and experience for this position:
· Financial Management experience for a minimum of one to three years.
· Relevant university degree, preferably business administration/financial management OR other relevant educational background combined with relevant professional experience. Experience from accounting and management may compensate for lack of formal education.
· Ability to work with stress and under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
· Ability and willingness to work and live under difficult circumstances
· Willingness to travel to all areas of the country/region where the programme is implemented, on a regular basis
· Knowledge of Somalia and/or the region
· Proficiency in the English language.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit applications only according to the following procedure:
• Follow the link below.
• Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 10 March 2019