Finance Assistant/Cashier (National Position)
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR
Job Title: FinanceAssistant/Cashier(National Position)
Reports To: Finance and Admin Advisor
Place of Assignment: Hargeisa (With some travel to the projectsites including Puntland)
Valid from: 1st December 2018
I. Position Purpose:
The finance Assistant / Cashier (FAC)will be responsible for the day to day running of DF Accounting system and implementing routines for for all finance tasks of the DF Somalia program which are in line with all DF requirements and standards. S/he will work under the supervision of the Finance and Administration Advisor.The FAC will participate in handling all finance issues related to the DF Somalia program.
II. Tasks (Mandate for the possision)
- Finance responsibilities
- Day to day entries in book of accounts for Somalia office
- Support DF FAA in the preparation of partner’s audit.
- Cash Book management
- Petty Cash management
- Prepare of local staff salaries and per diem, incl travel advances and clearance
- Preparing payment to suppliers
- Required reconciliations
- Review partners budget application in collaboration with the FAA
- Assist the FAA in regular partner trainings and capacity building
- Ensure that all government obligations are settled on time (payroll tax, DF vehicle road tax, etc)
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Other duties as assigned by FAA or PC
- Financial monitoring
- Conduct financial monitoring for all DF partners in Somalia, including visits to project areas when need arises.
- Follow-up grant confirmation from partners
- Develop action plans to ensure that the partners address the recommendation from the project audit and financial monitoring;
- Ensure all routines in DF Somalia Office are in line with the DF Financial and HR Manuals
- Assist the FAA in procurements according to established routines
- Ensure that all assets and investments, including Vehicles and IT, are kept according to standards
- Maintain Fixed Assets register according to established routines
- Manage all cash and check transactions
- Create good interaction and communication with partners and other relevant stakeholders
- Be a proactive member of DF’s Finance team.
III. Job Requirements
Academic Qualification & work Experiences
- Must have BA in accounting
- MBA in accounting/finance is a plus
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience.
- NGOs experience is a plus.
General knowledge of:
- English proficiency
- Basic principles of good financial governance
- All laws, regulation and directives applicable to NGOs
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives
- Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines.
- Analytical skill
- Communication and report writing
- Excellent in application of different accounting software
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Inter-personal and problem solving
- Be able to work under pressure and towards tight deadlines with minimum supervision
- Be a team player that promote collaboration
- A resourceful person and self-starter
- A mature, sensible, and open minded person with mutual respect
- Be able to network effectively inside and outside of the organization
- Be creative and work on own initiative with minimum supervision and to stay on task
- Gender sensitivity
How to Apply
To apply, please send your application documents (Cover letter and CV) to email@example.com no later than 14/11/2018. Only candidates shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.