FINANCE ASSISTANT (National position)
Polish Humanitarian Action is looking for 1 Finance Assistant based in Mogadishu Office
- Organization: Polish Humanitarian Action, PAH
- Position: FINANCE ASSISTANT (National position)
- Direct Reports to FINANCE OFFICER
- Location: MOGADISHU
- Terms: 1year with 3-month probation.
- Deadline date: 16th February 2019
- Starting Date: March 2019
- Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is non-governmental organization consisting of people who want to make the world a better place. For over 20 years, we have been providing relief in big and small emergencies worldwide alongside with running long-term missions in several countries in crisis. Our interventions – of both humanitarian and development character – have been carried out in more than 40 countries so far. We concentrate on ensuring sustainable and stable development of regions suffering the consequences of war and/or natural disasters. We possess long-standing expertise in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), but also implement projects in Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), as well as Nutrition and Education. For more information, please refer to: pah.org.pl.
PAH Mission in Somalia:
- PAH has been present in Somalia since 2011. With WASH, Nutrition and Livelihood programs, PAH supported people from the most vulnerable communities in different regions across the Country. Our primary focus was to provide safe drinking water through drilling new and rehabilitating existing boreholes, constructing water distribution systems and water reservoirs. In our work we also focus on other WASH components that are improvement of sanitary conditions and raising awareness on hygiene and sanitation – to make our WASH interventions comprehensive. We are implementing ECHO, ARCHE NOVA, SHF and UNICEF projects targeting the most vulnerable communities in Banaadir, Lower Shabelle and Middle Shabelle and Galmudug region.
Who PAH is looking for:
PAH in Somalia is looking for Finance Assistant who will become part of the Team with the following responsibilities:
Register cash transactions with a minimum supporting documents in cash register and maintain and update on daily basis.
Receive, verify invoices/receipts related to cash/bank payment, issue Payment Vouchers for cash band fees invoices/receipt and statements collecting all required signatures. Receive and review advance approvals and process payment on timely manner.
Record all cash payments in KASA USD/KES KASA Journal in Navision on the daily and link scans Produce monthly cash report and make monthly cash count with Finance Officer on the last working day of each and every month and maintain electronic storage of cash register and cash count protocol with two signatures. Ensure Safeguarding cash and cheque books in safe box Continuously monitor the funding status of the Petty Cash balance to ensure sufficiency of available funds according to minimum cash petty balance standard and replenish when it goes below minimum balance as soon as possible.
Register advances in Advance Tracker on daily basis as the cash or cheque is issued to employees, follow up outstanding advances more than 30 days and make notification for those who are required to settle their advances quickly.
Record settlements in Advance Tracker and issue cash in and cash out for the staff and ensure Cash in & Cash out to be signed by at least payee and receiver.
Receive, verify invoices related to bank payment and process payment on time Issue cheques to vendors/ staff and ensure photo coping cheques before giving out.
Register cheque payments, deposit and bank fees in NAV bank journal with scan links on daily basis.
Make bank deposits for vendors, contractors and staff by collecting transfer receipts and deposit slips. Cash petty cash cheque and deposit into Safe box with cash in voucher.
Collecting monthly bank statement from bank and keep electronic storage in Google Drive sub folder for each year.
Continuously monitor the funding status of the PAH mission account to ensure sufficiency of available funds according to minimum bank balance standard.
Record monthly ending balances of Bank accounts, cash registers and advance payment in Cash balance_template_mission.
Proper Filling System – Hard Copies and Electronic Google Driver Storage
Scan and copy all documents a good quality where all contents are feasible, mark each document ref number and also make NAV system journal numbering for bank/cash journals, arrange and
keep a proper filling system in electronic Gdrive as per the requirement of monthly NAV separate journals. Ensure all documents are signed before copying and scanning documents and also replace older versions to new versions if changes are occurred during modification of Payment Vouchers coding.
- Maintain filling system for allocation splitters, bank statement and reconciliation, cash registers, cash count protocols and payroll in both hard copies file and electronic GDRIVE storage.
Flow with PAH internal regulations and donors rules in finance Manual, Logistics/Procurement and HR policies.
Replace Finance Officer, she or he is on leave and carry out his or her duties.
- Degree/Diploma in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other related field.
- 2 years of experience in the same field.
- Previous work with NGO in the same field for minimum 2 years.
- Strong command of Excel and other MS Office applications.
- Ability to work with Data and present information in a clear manner.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send the following documents:
CV and Cover letter explaining how your experience and skills match the requirements with the link below: