Finance Assistants (2 Positions)
|CARE INTERNATIONAL IN SOMALIA.|
Finance Assistants (2 Positions)
CARE International is an international NGO working in Somalia. CARE and its partners work with vulnerable communities to address the underlying causes of poverty and promote peace and development, as well as mitigating immediate suffering caused by drought, conflict and displacement.
CARE Somalia’s Finance Unit is currently seeking applications from experienced professionals to fill the position of Finance Assistants (2 Positions). These positions will be based in Mogadishu with frequent travel to the other offices.
- Position Summary
The Finance Assistant position exists to ensure finance processes and record keeping are safeguarded. S/he will be responsible for ensuring completeness of supporting documents of all financial transactions before being posted to the financial system, proper filing for financial documents as well as payroll upload, allocation and reconciliation.
- Key Accountabilities
- Collection of funds and making of various payments as per the authorization and approval of the Finance Officer.
- Ensure timely submission of statutory deductions and file the receipts and documents once received by the bank and relevant government bodies.
- Assist in maintaining a proper filling systems of all cash payment documents and ensure accounting records are kept updated, are reliable and according to Care Somalia accounting principles.
- Retrieving documents from the archive for audit and special requests and recording the transactions on the Document Movement Register.
- Ensuring the prompt re-archiving of documents after completion of audit and special requests and updating of the Document Movement Register.
- Facilitating document movement from Finance to other offices.
Payroll (including statutory remittances) and PAR
- Process the Taxes and other payroll deductions once received from HR officer. Ensure timely submission of statutory deductions and file the receipts and documents once received by the bank and relevant government body.
- Booking of statutory deductions ( taxes and other statutory deductions)
- Booking tax contribution for international staff deducted by Atlanta as recalculated by HR as per FGS.
- Sending staff statements that need to be settled by 15th of every month and alert AP supervisor on any payroll
- Preparation of income information as may be required.
General and other duties (5%)
- Book management fee before financial month close.
- Analyze expatriate staff security and rent and bill staffs who have exceeded the limit.
- Assist amortization of prepayments made during the month.
- Other duties as require
- Required Qualifications (minimum requirements)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Finance or Accounting or demonstrated experience to the required skills.
- 1 year of experience in similar positions
- Proficiency in English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel and word and good skills at using financial software applications.
- Good understanding of application of GAAP and adherence to Internal Control systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel and word and good skills at using financial software applications. Proficiency in English.
- Attention to detail
- Effective Time management skills
- Team player
- Organization skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to work with limited supervision
- Be able to demonstrate high level of integrity
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet tied deadlines
- This position is based in Mogadishu
- The position has an unpredictable workload over the duration of the month
How to Apply: by
Interested and qualified candidates are requested submit their application letter and CV with at least 3 professional reference check via email SOMRecruitment@care.org by close of business on 23rd May 2019. Please include the reference “Finance Assistant – Mogadishu” As subject of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information about CARE and its programs, visit www.care.org
CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer, promoting gender, equity and diversity.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Our selection process reflects our Commitment to the protection of children