|TITLE: Finance Officer|
|TEAM/PROGRAMME: Finance Department||LOCATION: Beletwayne|
|GRADE: 4||CONTRACT LENGTH: OneYear|
Level 3: The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
To assist the Field Manager & Budget Holders in the operation of Save the Children HiranFinance Function including computerized accounting systems to produce analytical reports.
|SCOPE OF ROLE
Direct Reports to: Field Manager-Hiran
Technically Reports to: Area Finance Coordinator
Staff directly reporting to this post: Finance Assistant
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
· Ensure monthly financial diaries and work plans are strictly adhered to meet the Country deadlines
· Verify completeness and accuracy of all paymentsupporting documentations before release and checking the Budget holder approval and Authorizations limits.
· Close monitoring of emergency cash balances and ensure that all journals are posted into the system on time
· Assist South Central Finance team in timely data posting and ensuring all field data is posted within the month
· Provide the necessary checks and balances to ensure that money is spent effectively, efficiently and in line with donor requirements
· Ensure daily capture of data to the system; validate weekly GLACOS’s before sharing transactions with the Area Finance Manager for further review
· Reconciling balance sheet/control accounts for Baladweyn transactions on a monthly basis
· Ensure proper files are maintained in the Finance Department to enable a complete audit trail from the AGRESSO account records to supporting documentation and vice versa.
· Carry out weekly and monthly cash (Including Float) and bank reconciliation with the Finance Assistant
· Conduct monthly checking for all Baladweyndocuments to ensure compliance to the SCI and donor polices
· Prepare recharge journals for posting and ensure that all journals are posted into Agresso FMS accounts prior to month end procedures
· Review and compilation of Monthly Financial Review checklist documents for the BaladweynOffice
· Track accrual for the BaladweynOffice and follow up for the clearance
· Ensure realistic cash forecasts are provided by budget holders, assist the Finance Manager in collecting cash requests and Monitor the cash and banks balances and ensure minimum cash/bank balances at all times
· Maintain updated electronic copies of project budgets and work with project managers and project teams on the monthly budget monitoring and variance analysis meetings.
· Monitor budgets and ensure full utilization in line with donor guidelines and SCI rules and regulations
· Support the Baladweynbudget holders to prepare operational budget plans and annual budgets; support proposals and periodic budget phasing as part of yearly financial planning process
· Share BaladweynPayrolls on time; ensure the deductions and changes of salary is shared with the Area Finance on or before 23rdof every month.
· Preparation and participation of external and internal audit exercises and ensuring subsequent implementation of the recommendations
· Organize and plan training sessions for newly recruited Baladweynbased Budget holders and project staff for the existing SC financial policies and procedures
· Support the project teams and Area Finance Manager in producing monthly, quarterly, mid-term and final financial reports in line with donor and SC requirements
|COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
Applying Technical and Professional Expertise
· Makes decisions based on professional expertise and experience without deferring unnecessarily to others
· Shares knowledge and best practice on technical solutions so that others can make best use of that expertise
· Actively seeks new ways to develop the application of technical and professional standards within the team
Innovating and Adapting
Working effectively with others
· Clarifies their role and responsibilities within the team to maximize impact
|QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· A University degree in Commerce, Accounting or finance from a recognized university.
· Minimum 3years’ experience working in similar role in an INGO or with a busy working environment
· Computer skills especially in Ms Excel, spread sheets, Ms Word and Agresso or FMS Accounting packages
· High level of integrity and ability to work as part of a professional team
· Ability and willingness to work under high pressure to meet tight deadlines
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· Supportive personnel management style
· Good command of English both written and spoken
· Willingness to work in odd hours, go extra mile and travel in often difficult and insecure environments;
· Commitment to Save the Children values
· Working experience is Southern Somalia and especially Lower Juba.
|CHILD SAFEGUARING POLICY:
We work with children, communities and governments all over the world and we believe in the right person for the job regardless of where you come from and how you identify yourself. We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for these posts. All successful applicants will therefore be required to complete a Police Check and must sign onto our Child Protection Policy and organizational Code of Conduct.
|CODE OF CONDUCT
Because Save the Children’s work is based on deeply held values and principles, it is essential that our commitment to children’s rights and humanitarian principles is supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to.
Finance Officer– Beletwayne-Hiran– SomaliNationals Only
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
To assist the Field Manager & Budget Holders in the operation of Save the Children Hiran Finance Function including computerized accounting systems to produce analytical reports.
Contract Duration: 1 Year with the possibility of extension
Location: Beletwayne-Hiran- Somalia
Qualifications and Experience
- A University degree in Commerce, Accounting or finance from a recognized university.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in similar role in an INGO or with a busy working environment
- Computer skills especially in Ms Excel, spread sheets, Ms Word and Agresso or FMS Accounting packages
- High level of integrity and ability to work as part of a professional team
- Ability and willingness to work under high pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Supportive personnel management style
- Good command of English both written and spoken
- Willingness to work in odd hours, go extra mile and travel in often difficult and insecure environments;
- Commitment to Save the Children values
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
Applications will be closed on 9th Dec 2018.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents