For Somaliland Residents Only
Finance Officer I-Hargeisa.
Purpose of the Position
The position holder will contribute to the implementation of effective and accountable financial and asset control systems. He / She will provide technical backstopping to program teams, promoting adherence to World Vision’s Field Finance Manual for routine financial transactions. The position holder will also promote awareness of finance policies to staff members and implementing partners.
Accountability and Control Systems:
- Review supplier invoices for completeness and coding and generate upload files for payment processing in World Vision procurement system.
- Prepare payments for suppliers, including payment voucher preparation, check issuance and payment through electronic banking mechanisms;
Planning and reporting:
- Maintain Daily Cash analysis and monitor local bank account balances and advise Finance Manager on balances and prepare replenishment requests as required.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and follow up on locally recoverable items;
- Draft periodic project financial reports and basic budgets for sector activities for proposal development;
- Coordinate the compilation and processing of implementing partners financial documentation.
- Provide technical support to program teams on financial documentation for program activities.
- Responsible for capacity building of staff members on finance policies and procedures.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field of study.
- 3 years of experience in finance/grants or accounts management.
- Should demonstrate good knowledge of financial systems, budget/cash-flow monitoring and internal accounting controls.
- Should have good computer skills and using Excel. Past experience using SUN Systems will be an added advantage.
- Should be self-guided, good planning skills and the ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Should demonstrate attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Demonstrates well-developed interpersonal skills, good communication skills, both verbal and written,
Kindly note: All academic certificates will be verified with the issuing academic institution.
All Interested and qualified candidates should log on to;
For detailed requirements and qualifications for the above jobs.
All applications shall be received by 11th February, 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.