|Title:Finance Officer 1 Position||Location:Hargeisa, Somaliland||Duration:1 year (Renewable)|
Growth, Enterprise, Employment & Livelihoods (GEEL) is 5-year USAID-funded project designed to promote and facilitate inclusive economic growth in Puntland, Somaliland and southern Somalia. The project is currently focusing on the agricultural sector (dairy, fisheries, sesame & banana) but is anticipated to expand in the future into other sectors of the economy. It will also seek to strengthen the business enabling environment through improving access to finance, policy and regulation, and business development services. Particular focus will be given to increase the participation of women and youth in the economy as entrepreneurs, employers, and employees
The Finance Officer will be responsible for the day-to-day financial Accounting and bookkeeping in Hargeisa.The Finance Officer position will support GEEL Finance team to achieve the project objectives
The Finance Officer will be responsible for the following tasks:
- For the day to day financial management and accounting of the project in Hargeisa
- Maintaining of the automated accounting system and posting of transactions into the QuickBooks after approval after relevant approvals.
- Ensure that all the necessary financial support documents are attached before effecting payments;
- Appropriately coded vouchers are raised and verify the transactions.
- The Finance officer shall also be responsible for the review of accountabilities for advance payments
- Preparation of the financial reports and keep track of reporting deadlines.
- He/She will supervise the staff in the Account Office
- The finance officer will be responsible for overall cash and bank management i.e. safe custody of cash/cheque collections, payment transactions, deposits to and withdrawals from the bank accounts; prepare bank and petty cash reconciliation statements
- He/She shall carry out analysis of travel claims, sub-grant returns and any other claims.
S/he shall reportfunctionally to the Finance Manager and administratively to the Regional Coordinator in Hargeisa
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting,
- At least 5-7 years’ work experience in Finance related functions
- Proven work experience as a Finance Officer or similar role
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
- Experience and knowledge of donor-funded projects especially USAID
- Extensive experience in using Intuit QuickBooks software
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
- Professional qualification as in ACCA, CFA/CPA is considered a plus
- High level attention to detail and accuracy
- Sharp time management skills
- Well-developed written and oral English and Somali language skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of team;
- Well-organized and able to perform effectively within tight deadlines;
- Hard-working, self-motivated and possess a positive attitude.
- Ability to travel throughout Somalia.
How to apply:
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements can submit updated CV and cover letter to Jobs@sogeel.org with subject line specifically indicating location: Application for Finance Officer –Hargeisa, SomalilandDeadline: by 19th March 2019 .