|Solicitations open to:||Somali Nationals Only|
|Position Title:||Finance officer|
|Type of vacancy:||Office based with possible travels to the field if needed|
|Opening date:||13 March 2019|
|Closing date:||3rd April 2019|
|Work hours:||40 hours (full time)|
|Starting date:||15th April 2019|
FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Human Appeal is a non-profit organization working across the globe to strengthen humanity’s struggle against poverty, social injustice and natural disaster. Through the provision of immediate relief and establishment of sustainable development programmes, we aim to invest in real effective solutions.
Now over 25 years, Human Appeal has a presence in 24 countries spanning across 3 continents: Asia, Africa and Europe. 2018 is an exciting time as we continue to build on our achievements to transform the lives of millions of people across the world. We are looking for an incredible Finance officer to join our teams in Mogadishu office. Human Appeal in Somalia provides emergency and early recovery interventions to the conflict and natural disasters affected populations in different sectors including WASH, shelter/NFI, child protection, food security and livelihoods.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION:
The Finance officer& lead will assist in the preparation of budgets, resolve financial disputes raised by the programme teams. Being a key point of contact for other departments on financial and accounting matters. Additionally; s/he will contribute to the development of the country office financial procedures and will participate in reviewing the financial policy and procedures.
HIERARCHICAL POSITION IN THE ORGANISATION:
The finance Officer is under the hierarchical supervision and functional support of the Country Director.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review of Purchase Order, Advance Request, Expense Reports and Payment Requests
- Responsible for maintaining the cash or bank sub-journals (general journals)
- Responsible for daily cash management and cash count
- Consolidate the necessary document for the month end accounting close process, including preparing Journal entries for prepaid accounts and other journal entries
- Review all documents submitted for payment to ensure proper procedures have been followed
- Maintain all accounting records, ensuring that records are complete, accurate and safeguarded
- Assist in maintaining filing of monthly sub journals vouchers
- Liaise with the Programmes department to update contract trackers, reconcile invoices and delivery records, and comply with cost allocation guidelines
- Manage submissions and reporting to tax and auditing bodies
- Deliver value for money by ensuring due diligence checks are applied to all financial matters
- Successfully safeguard the charity from risk in accordance with internal policies and procedures, as well as external regulations such as institutional grant requirements
- Any other duties assigned by the Finance Coordinator/Country Director
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR EFFECTIVE PERFORMANCE
EDUCATION:A bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, social science or other relevant field from an accredited institution.(Educational requirement must be met at the time of application for the subject position)
WORK EXPERIENCE:A minimum of five (5) years of relevant and progressively responsible experience in financial and administration works with at least 1 International NGO. (Work experience requirement must be met at the time of application for the subject position)
LANGUAGE: Fluent in speaking, writing and understanding English and the country language
KNOWLEDGE:The incumbent must be a Qualified Finance Professional with a recognised Finance Qualification. A demonstrated competency with computerized general ledger software and ability to effectively collaborate with co-workers, host government representatives, implementing partners and contractors and manage resources is required. A demonstrated ability to work productively in a multicultural environment is required. Must be able to maintain highest level of confidentiality regarding work-related information and data.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:The incumbent must have prior experience and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with senior officials of government and international organizations. The incumbent must have a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively through oral presentations and briefings, written reporting and analysis, and information technology tools.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are requested to submit a complete application package which must include all required documents to email@example.com with a Subject line: HASomalia – Finance officer
ANY/ALL application submissions received after the closing date of April03, 2019 will not be considered.
- Cover memo/email text that outlines how your qualifications and experience meet the selection criteria
- A current resume or a curriculum vitae
- Education Certificate (if available)
- Only short-listed candidates will be notified
- This vacancy is open only to Somalia Nationals
- Applications with insufficient, incomplete and inconsistent information to make a determination will not be considered
- No in-person appointments or telephone calls will be entertained
- Applications submitted as .RAR file will be accepted
- Candidates who are applying for this position must fully meet the education requirement (graduated and degree and/or diploma already received) as specified. At the time of applications, candidates must also meet in full the experience requirement. There is no exception for these requirements
- Short-listed candidates will be requested to provide educational documents such as degrees, diplomas, certificates and other pertinent documents as needed. Failure to provide the required documentation will result the rejection of their application from further consideration
- Human Appeal retains the full right to cancel or amend the solicitation and associated actions