WAMO RELIEF REHABILITATION SERVICES
|Job Advertisement – Finance Officer|
|Location: Afmadow District||Duration: 12 Months|
|Reports to: Finance Manager||Vacant position: 1 position.|
The collapse of the Somalia government in 1991 dragged Somalia into a miserable state characterized by chronic insecurity, massive displacement and lack of adequate access to basic human needs such as food, water and shelter. Amid this horrific state young Somali nationals established Wamo Relief and Rehabilitation Services WRRS in the year 2002 with the aim of contributing to the relief of human suffering in the country.
WRRS is a non Profit, non- partisan organization based in Somalia. The organization is legally registered and operating in the south central Somalia and Punt land.
We aim to strengthen the capacity of the local communities in Somalia and Kenya so that they may share and contribute to the educational, economic, and social well-being of their life through provision of relief supplies, emergency livelihoods and social support and capacity building interventions which are integrated in participatory community-based peace building and human rights-based approaches towards sustainable peace, reconstruction and development of Somalia.
WRRS, seeks the services of a competent Finance Officer PRINCIPAL DUTIES:
- Oversee the financial functions of WRRS and ensure timely and accurate financial reports
- Responsible for entering financial information and maintaining all financial records for projects and for the organization.
- Preparing and maintaining donor agreements and staff contracts.
- Manage financial controls, prepare and analyze budgets, develop financial reports, and make recommendations to the organization on budgeted expenditures.
- Obtain approvals from the Director and from the donors on all procurements and purchases for the projects and for the organization.
- Monitor the expenditures to ensure that program funds are utilized appropriately by the close of the grants periods.
- Provide orientation and trainingto the organization staff on cost-effective management.
- Ensure that all financial reporting is completed on time and submitted to donors.
- Oversee the financial audits of all projects of the organization.
- Provide financial inputs in proposal development, project management, human resource management in policies and procedure development and other areas of administration.
- Create and maintain the financial plan for WRRS and updating whenever it necessary.
- Strictly apply financial and control procedures in place and forms,
- Ensure that each transaction and payment has the necessary supporting documents, justification and approval before payment is made.
- Maintain the Financial Manual of WRRS and ensure that it is updated from time to time.
- Prepare and maintain monthly cash flow projection for the programme in with funding available.
- To provide weekly, monthly and annual financial reports.
- To prepare and maintain up to date the accounting system, ensuring that all transactions are duly recorded.
- To prepare monthly payroll for the staff of the organization.
- To keep and manage petty cash and be prepared for surprise cash counts.
- To store financial documents in a way that is simple and effective.
- To prepare financial reports for donors.
- To supervise and provide guidance to staff members regarding issues related to finance
- Create and modify financial documents using relevant systems.
- Maintain hard copy and electronic filing system.
- Administer and monitor the financial system in order to ensure that the organization finances are maintained in an accurate and timely manner
- Conduct inventory count and maintain inventory/asset list.
- Establish, maintain and reconcile cash count and the general ledger
- Undertake any additional work assigned by the line manage
- Degree in accounting or related field
- Ability to present financial data in a clear and coherent manner
- Qualified local female applicants will be given priority.
- At least three years’ experience in financial management for NGOs
- Experience in working in a complex, insecure environments
- High level of spoken and written English
- excellent interpersonal skills both written and verbal
- Ability and willingness to interact successfully and respectfully with people at all levels and from all backgrounds
- Ability to work under pressure and without constant supervision.
- Flexibility and ability to carry out additional duties and tasks as required and adapt to a changing operational environment
- Innovative and pro-active with a positive attitude
All applications consisting of all the relevant supporting documents should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 15th October 2019. Application received after this date will not be considered.