Finance Officer II
For Somaliland Residents Only
Finance Officer II- Hargeisa.
Purpose of the position:
The position holder will contribute to the implementation of effective and accountable financial and asset control systems. With the assistance of the Finance and Support Service Manager, the position holder will implement planning, tracking and reporting mechanisms which contribute to effective and accountable programs. The incumbent will provide technical backstopping to program teams, promoting adherence to World Vision’s Field Finance Manual for a host of routine financial transactions. With the assistance of FSS Manager, the incumbent will promote awareness of Finance and Support Service Manual with staff members and implementing partners.
Contribute to the implementation of effective and accountable financial and asset control systems:
- Contribute to the implementation of day-to-day activities for the finance department covering the entire region:
- Track staff advances, providing regular updates to FSS Manager to ensure they are settled within 7-days;
- Prepare payment for suppliers, including check issuance and payment through electronic banking mechanisms;
- With support from FSS Manager, maintain accurate general ledger accounts, spearheading revisions and providing analysis as required;
- Maintain sound and auditable filing system for all financial records;
- Coordinate the compilation and processing of implementing partners financial documentation;
- Coordinate the implementation of LDR with field teams, providing technical back-stopping and tracking submissions, following up with staff to ensure timely monthly implementation;
Promote awareness of World Vision finance policy and procedure to ensure accountable implementation of World Vision programs:
- Provide continual technical back-stopping to programs teams of financial documentation for routine office activities:
- Facilitate in capacity building of staff members on finance policies and procedures;
- Provide technical back-stopping to implementing partners, providing on-the-job mentoring of World Vision finance requirements;
- With support from FSS Manager, draft responses to queries from various external stakeholders regarding World Vision financial matters;
- Analyze existing/new processes and procedures and advise Finance and Support Service Manager on means to improve current practice;
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Educational level required: Degree in Finance or Accounting;
- Experience: 2/3 years of experience in related field;
- Ability to articulate in written and spoken English fluently;
- Ability to present financial data in a clear and coherent manner;
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
- Travel: 10% Domestic/international travel is required.
- On call: Immediately
Kindly note: All academic certificates will be verified with the issuing academic institution.
All Interested and qualified candidates should log on to;
For detailed requirements and qualifications for the above jobs.
All applications shall be received by 22th April, 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.