|REPORTS TO:||Finance Specialist|
DURATION: 8 Months, with Possibility of Extension
Why Population Services International (PSI)? We’re Population Services International (better known as “PSI”), a global health non-profit. We aim to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by marketing affordable health products and services (mosquito nets, HIV testing and more) through private sector strategies. We are a $560m enterprise based in Washington, DC, operating in the private and public sectors in more than 65 countries. Most of our brands have dominant market shares that are the backbone for their health category. Check out www.psi.org for more information on our programs.
PSI Somaliland is one of our innovative network members working with the commercial sector in reproductive health, diarrhea prevention & treatment, fever case management, and childhood nutrition. The team focuses on the estimated 60% of women who use the private sector for their first line of health solutions. Using market and behavioral data PSI Somaliland develops marketing plans to increase demand for and access to quality health products and services in the private sector.
Want to create change in the lives of the poor and underserved with best in class marketing? Join PSI!
What is the position? PSI is looking for Finance Associate for their dynamic and motivated finance team.
Are you the perfect fit? Read on.
The position is for the Finance Associate to work with the finance team. Finance Associate is in charge of managing payment process, records, filing, retrieval, storage, and ensuring the security of finance records according to the policy of PSI and donors requirements. S/he will be responsible for achieving objectives through safety of records and making them available for review when needed. S/he will also be responsible to perform any other duties assigned by finance Specialist and/or manager. This is a local position.
What will you do?
- Ensuring the development and implementation of overall protection, safety and security of finance records are efficient.
- Preparing payment vouchers and checks for approved payment vouchers and effect payment in respect to PSI policies and internal control procedures
- Prepare and issue withholding tax receipts for applicable payments.
- Pay monthly withholding and income tax to the relevant tax offices within the dead line
- File documents, label files and arrange them in the shelves such payment, receipt and Journal vouchers with the compliance of PSI and Donor requirements.
- Make sure that the documents (Bids, Purchase order, GRN and Invoices) attached to vouchers are stamped ‘PAID’ or ‘REPLENISHED’ after effecting payment.
- Handle and ensure adequate funds are available on petty cash/Zaad (operation Account), cash at banks, to cover pipeline payment requests payment and keeps the same in safe custody.
- Prepare disbursement summary for petty cash/Zaad account prior to replenishment.
- Prepare petty cash payment voucher and effect payment after approved by the Finance Manager.
- Transfer payments via bank whenever needed (international and National transfers).
- Check for accuracy and completeness of sales invoices and follows up the sales documentations
- Assist Finance Specialist all transactions are posted in QuickBooks on a regular basis such payment, receipt and Journal vouchers.
How shall we measure your performance?
- with compliance of PSI and Donor regulation on timely process of payments
- proper and accuracy recording of the finance data into the QuickBooks
- proper filing and labeling of the finance documents both hard and soft copies
- Pay on bases to inland revenue the due tax such staff income tax
- Submit weekly cash update of the PSI accounts to the finance Specialist
What we are looking for. Is this you?
Technical credentials. Your demonstrable knowledge in finance with 2-3 years working experience in the field of finance or as an accountant. It would be great if you have working knowledge of accounting packages preferably spreadsheet/excel and QuickBooks.
Language.English fluency is a must and understanding of Somaliland context. We are looking for excellent writing and communications skills.
Do you value what we value?
Fast and Together:
Are you a dynamic, energetic person who believes in achieving a dream work through a team work?
Prove the Move:
There must be WHY? For every WHAT? Simplify, Simplify, Simplify:
Simple means of delivering results
Contact Us if You Have What it Takes:
If you think you are a great fit we would love to hear from you. The position will be based in Hargeisa, Somaliland. Send a note sharing how you fit the requirements above and ideas on how you can contribute along with your resume to email@example.com not later than Sunday 20th May2018, Please indicate “Finance Associate” with the subjectof your email