First Aid Trainer
|Position:||First Aid Trainer|
|Immediate Superior:||Operations Manager|
|Shall report to:||Operations Manager|
|The First Aid Trainer is the main focal point for all training activities related to First Aid and other health activities as required.He/she must have valid qualifications in First Aid / Basic Life Supportand, preferably, a health-related profession (paramedic, nurse or doctor). He/sheshall have experience as a trainer.
The First Aid Trainer must be available to travel within Somalia as required by his immediate superior.
|· Promote the importance of first-aid training with the relevant stakeholders.
· Ensure that all training-related documentation is prepared within reasonable delay and is shared with relevant authorities.
· Organize all training-related logistical requirements that may include preparation of the training venue, distribution of materials.
· Keep regular communication lines with NPA management in order to keep the team updated on progress of the activities.
· Organize a comprehensive filing system that demonstrates the development of the activities and is available at any time.
· Develop training activities according to the requirements and that follow the educational materials prepared by NPA.
· Maintain a professional approach during the training sessions, ensuring that all participants are included in the discussions and are given equal theoretical and practical training opportunities.
· Advise on the uses of first-aid kits, healthy lifestyles and hygiene promotion principles.
· Maintain all training equipment clean, well-organized and securely stored at all times.
· Inform the management of specific materials that may be required in addition to the kit or in order to replace items.
· Remain updated in first-aid techniques and basic life support considering the principles of either the European Resuscitation Council or the American Heart Association.
Typical decisions the holder of the position makes
|References are made to the NPA Decision Making Directive and Guidelines for EO, the Office Handbook /Permanent Directives and the NPA Operational Management System.|
|The First-Aid trainer is to abide by the policies and personal code of conduct set by the Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA) and represent the organisation in a loyal and responsible manner.|
Approved, read and understood:
Date/Place: __________________________ Programme Manager: _______________________
Date/Place: __________________________ Employee: _______________________
[Application should be directed their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 15 January 2019 ]