FSL Project Assistant (2 Positions)
FSL Project Assistant (2 Positions)
|Organization||GREDO- Gargaar Relief and Development Organization|
|Position Title||FSL Project Assistant|
|Location/Duty Station||Yeed/Bakool 1 Position
Qoryooley 1 Position
|Commitment to Diversity||GREDO is an equal opportunities employer.|
GREDO is an indigenous local NGO. Non-profit non-partial, non- political and voluntary organization based in Baidoa. To reach the most affected grass-root communities in Bay and Bakool regions and lower Shebelle effectively and efficiently, the necessity of local partnership in relief program appeared. Responding to the partnership need, a group of Somali intellectuals and well-wishers initiated in December 1992 a local non-governmental organization called Gargaar Relief and Development Organization (GREDO) the organization has implemented during these period different projects including relief and emergency programs and later improved into rehabilitation and developmental programs.
We are looking forward to establishing teams of health workers consisting of various cadres of health professionals to deliver lifesaving emergency health services to the population in need through this program with high impact on lives of the most vulnerable population groups.
The position and basic qualifications are as follows:
FSL PROJECT ASSISTANT
- Community mobilization for all project activities, e.g. farmers’ trainings or meetings and encourage active farmer participation.
- Conduct visits to provide individual, contact farmers & group farmers with practical application of useful extension knowledge
- Carry out demonstration activities
- Support the farmers on post-harvest handling of the farm produce
- Supervise other CFW and agriculture related activities.
Effective Monitoring and Evaluation
- Monitoring of DRR/EWS monitors to collect and transmit EWS information to district and the region and relay the feedback to Community members
- Monitoring of activities progress on a regular basis and reporting to the Project Officer
- Participation in field level assessment and or evaluation
Capacity building i.e. Training of farmers and or target beneficiaries
- Provision of training, technical and advisory services advice not only on agricultural technologies and innovations but also on relevant subjects like farm input supply, marketing and farm management, soil and water conservation, rangeland management, Small business skills development and value addition of agricultural produce.
- Identification of farmer needs, interests, knowledge gaps, skills, problems they are facing with their crops (e.g. pests and diseases; access to inputs, pasture quality preservation) in the different villages before implementation of new initiatives
- Work with farmers to explore Indigenous Technical knowledge to develop Cropping calendars and farm plans
- Transfer of standard technologies/innovations and practices to farmers e.g. PFMNR, DRR, Irrigated Farming, kitchen/backyard farming.
- Participate in Village level disaster risk reduction and development of CDPP.
- Help pastoralist communities identify other alternative livelihood ventures that are context specifically viable and build their capacities on the same.
Coordination and Visibility
- Act as liaison between farmers and WVS office on agricultural practices.
- In Liaison with the project assistant, participated at field level coordination meeting with local government authorities and other agencies.
- Accompany donor, government officials, other WV officials during field visits to the project sites
Effective Resource management
- Provide location-specific services to improve management and efficiency of input use, conserve natural resources, support diversification and value-added production, respond to community- or farmer-specific interests, and provide non-farm information services relating to poverty reduction
- Demonstrates well-developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as negotiation skills
- Must adhere to set security standards
- Ensure a gender perspective in the scope of work
- Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment
- Cross – cultural sensitivity, flexibility and emotional maturity
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Educational level required: Certificate/Diploma in sustainable Agriculture/Agriculture Extension/Livestock management/Farm Management/ or any other related discipline. Degree is desired.
- Experience: 2 years; Prior experience in community work, training and coaching farmers, with good understanding on principles of extension Proven problem solving and decision making skills.
- Effective communicator/ Good facilitation skills,
- Good people skills,
- High Resilience to physical work as work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing; walking over rough terrain or rocky surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, and stretching.
The responsibilities of the post will require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people
NB: All applicants should drop a letter of application and updated CV (including 3 Professional referees) to email@example.com and indicate the position applied for in the subject. The deadline for application is 14/07/2019
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
GREDO is an equal opportunities employer
- Posted by: Somali Jobs Inc
- Company: GREDO- Gargaar Relief and Development Organization
- Location: Anywhere
- State: Bakool - Qoryooley
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Health/WASH
- Tags: No Tags
1302 total views, 3 today