FSL Project Coordinator (1 Position)
FSL Project Coordinator (1 Position)
|Organization||GREDO- Gargaar Relief and Development Organization|
|Position Title||FSL Project Coordinator|
|Commitment to Diversity||GREDO is an equal opportunities employer|
GREDO is an indigenous local NGO. Non-profit non-partial, non- political and voluntary organization based in Baidoa. To reach the most affected grass-root communities in Bay and Bakool regions and lower Shebelle effectively and efficiently, the necessity of local partnership in relief program appeared. Responding to the partnership need, a group of Somali intellectuals and well-wishers initiated in December 1992 a local non-governmental organization called Gargaar Relief and Development Organization (GREDO) the organization has implemented during these period different projects including relief and emergency programs and later improved into rehabilitation and developmental programs.
We are looking forward to establishing teams of health workers consisting of various cadres of health professionals to deliver lifesaving emergency health services to the population in need through this program with high impact on lives of the most vulnerable population groups.
The position and basic qualifications are as follows:
FSL PROJECT COORDINATOR
Purpose of the position:
- To provide overall strategic, technical and management leadership to the Food security and livelihood sector in Somali Aid, ensuring that the highest standards of programme implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting are attained.
- To substantially grow the Food security and livelihood programme sector portfolio through an innovative approach to learning, programme design, identifying opportunities, and securing resources within the Food Security and Livelihood programme.
Main Duties & Responsibilities: Strategy and Programme Development:
- Guide the development, documentation, and implementation of a Food Security and livelihood strategy for Somali Aid.
- Provide strategic and technical advice to Food Security programme staff and partners, in line with current best practice, national policies, and Somali Aid strategies.
- Continuously grow the FSL sector programme portfolio by leading project design and proposal development processes in response to donor funding opportunities.
- Follow up with in-country donors, UN and international NGO partners on the status and progress of FSL proposal applications.
- Maintain strong working relations with donors of FSL sector.
- Maintain strong working relations with other actors active in the FSL sector in order to maximize opportunities to enter into consortium based proposal submissions to donors.
Programme Coordination and Management:
- Undertake regular and detailed reviews of implementation progress against plans and budgets. Where necessary revise plans and budgets to maintain programme quality and progress.
- Actively promote inter- and intra-team discussion, communication, and sharing of lessons learned.
- Coordinate FSL programmes with other related programmes in collaboration with other programme coordinators, to identify synergies and possibilities for integration of activities.
- Review staff structures and job description roles and responsibilities to ensure optimal human resourcing of the FSL sector programmes. This entails initiating the timely recruitment of appropriately qualified and experienced FSL programme staff, and assisting with short-listing and interviewing potential candidates.
- Implement the organization’s performance management systems to monitor, maintain and improve staff and team performance.
- Carry out capacity building, coaching, and on-the-job mentoring to strengthen the skills and capacity of programme staff food security &livelihood related issues.
- Lead development of programme plans, tools, and activities.
- Ensure that the Somali Aid’s Logistics and Procurement policies are followed in all areas of FS&L programmes.
- Ensure FSL programme budget utilization and asset management are in full compliance with the organization’s administrative and financial policies and procedures.
Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting:
- Devise and maintain result-based systems for monitoring and evaluating program results, to better demonstrate FSL programme outcomes and impacts.
- Support effective learning and the transfer of knowledge within Somalia and elsewhere.
- Consolidate and submit high quality monthly, quarterly and annual internal and external reports on time.
- Ensure that all Food security and livelihood surveys are planned, conducted on time and to the highest standard, and all analysis of surveys is correctly recorded.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Masters Degree in Agriculture, Agronomy, Food Security, International Development & Food Policy or their equivalent. Additional professional qualification in agriculture, food security, social-economy or related subjects are preferred.
- A minimum of SIX years’ experience in Food Security and Livelihood Sector in an NGO, FOUR of which should be in a management position. Prove of management and coordination skills are MANDATORY.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures, particularly those in Somalia.
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written is mandatory. Knowledge of Somali will be an added advantage.
- Experience of working with IDPs, Returnees and Host Communities.
- Experience of developing and implementing programmes funded by a range of donors. experience in fundraising from various donors
The responsibilities of the post will require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people.
The candidate will be based in Baidoa, but frequent travels to meet beneficiaries and field visits is required.
All applicants should drop a letter of application and updated CV (including 3 Professional referees) to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the position applied for in the subject. The deadline for application is 14/07/2019
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
GREDO is an equal opportunities employer
- Posted by: Somali Jobs Inc
- Company: GREDO- Gargaar Relief and Development Organization
- Location: Anywhere
- State: Baidoa
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Coordinator
- Tags: No Tags
1564 total views, 1 today