FSL project Officer (2 Position)
FSL project Officer (2 Position)
|Organization||GREDO- Gargaar Relief and Development Organization|
|Position Title||FSL Project Officer|
|Location/Duty Station||Yeed/Bakool 1 Position
Qoryooley 1 Position
|Commitment to Diversity||GREDO is an equal opportunities employer.|
GREDO is an indigenous local NGO. Non-profit non-partial, non- political and voluntary organization based in Baidoa. To reach the most affected grass-root communities in Bay and Bakool regions and lower Shebelle effectively and efficiently, the necessity of local partnership in relief program appeared. Responding to the partnership need, a group of Somali intellectuals and well-wishers initiated in December 1992 a local non-governmental organization called Gargaar Relief and Development Organization (GREDO) the organization has implemented during these period different projects including relief and emergency programs and later improved into rehabilitation and developmental programs.
We are looking forward to establishing teams of health workers consisting of various cadres of health professionals to deliver lifesaving emergency health services to the population in need through this program with high impact on lives of the most vulnerable population groups.
The position and basic qualifications are as follows:
FSL PROJECT OFFICER
General Position Summary:
FSL officer responsibility is to coordinate the implementation of food security project/intervention, ensure that project activities and outputs are implemented in a timely manner and according to the Operational Plan and M&E Plan., ensure high quality reports are submitted in a timely manner and work closely with the project manager to ensure reports meet project requirements, plan and follow the activities of the project with the team such as field assessments, market price monitoring, and distribution of food security inputs, ensure the involvement and inform communities and community leaders about the project activities and work on the partnership between local authority, partner and the project.
- Responsible for FSL activity implementation in the targeted district and supervise FSL field team to carry a high quality implementation.
- Responsible for compilation of project information and sharing regular reports and updates to the FSL Project Manager.
- Ensure correct beneficiary selection and verification procedure and criteria are followed by Project Assistants.
- Coordinate with Finance, Logistics and security focal points in field offices for timely distributions in line with policies and procedures.
- Ensure the field team understand and check the quality of information collected. Compile data and share with relevant staff in a timely manner.
- Works closely with the community Mobilizer and the community committees to ensure effective coordination and ensure the most vulnerable people are targeted.
- Any other tasks assigned by the project manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a discipline such as social sciences, geography, anthropology, business management, economics or other discipline relevant to .urban/rural livelihoods.
- Two years of experience while working with development or humanitarian agencies.
- Three years of experience in food security and livelihood interventions (Food / Commodity distribution, food security & livelihoods project).
- Good Organizational Skills
- Project cycle management.
- Capacity to relate with other stakeholders
- Background in Food Security Activities (voucher/cash transfer, Food distribution, Agriculture, livestock, Monitoring, Assessment, etc)
- Good knowledge of the area of intervention
- Skills related to participatory research methods, and computer literacy,
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively to the field, under sometimes difficult and occasionally insecure circumstances.
- Communication skills to operate with a multinational and multilingual team
- Computer knowledge (Word, Excel, SPSS).
- Good English (speaking and writing) is essential
The responsibilities of the post will require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people
NB: All applicants should drop a letter of application and updated CV (including 3 Professional referees) to email@example.com and indicate the position applied for in the subject. The deadline for application is 14/07/2019
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
GREDO is an equal opportunities employer
- Posted by: Somali Jobs Inc
- Company: GREDO- Gargaar Relief and Development Organization
- Location: Anywhere
- State: Bakool - Qoryooley
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Management/Leadership
- Tags: No Tags
1892 total views, 1 today