FSL & Resilience Project Manager
FSL & Resilience Project Manager
|Organization||Gargaar Relief and Development Organization (GREDO)|
|Position Title||FSL & Resilience Project Manager|
|Location/Duty Station||Baidoa, Somalia with frequently travel to all GREDO Offices|
|Commitment to Diversity||GREDO is an equal opportunities employer.|
GREDO is an indigenous local NGO. Non-profit non-partial, non- political and voluntary organization based in Baidoa. To reach the most affected grass-root communities in SWS regions effectively and efficiently, the necessity of local partnership in relief program appeared. Responding to the partnership need, a group of Somali intellectuals and well-wishers initiated in December 1992 a local non-governmental organization called Gargaar Relief and Development Organization (GREDO) the organization has implemented during these period different projects including relief and emergency programs and later improved into rehabilitation and developmental programs.
This position reports to GREDO Program Director.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide management guidance and technical oversight of all new and existing projects and activities within resilience portfolio mainly the BRICs II.
- Closely work with GREDO teams to develop and utilize context-specific technical solutions for strategic resilience planning and how to best apply standards, best practices, consortium partnership principles, tools and MEAL, helping to ensure high-quality implementation.
- Lead efforts to integrate the different strategic objectives of the resilience Projects for improved planning and reporting, and to achieve the projects’ goals.
- Successfully backstop Health and Nutrition Coordinator Relevant Core CompetencyProgram Coordinators. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and complete performance management for direct reports (Health and Nutrition coordinator).
- Lead the development of program learning – identify opportunities for learning, research and publications in the areas of Agricultural Livelihoods, nutrition-sensitive agriculture, Natural Resource Management, Youth Programing, Shock sensitive programming and implementation of MEAL policy. Facilitate the dissemination of promising practices and lessons learned to contribute to the agency knowledge management agenda. Ensure integration of innovations and best practices
- Support the development of the resilience Strategy including integration of Government, donor and partner strategies, Participatory Community Vulnerability, Capacity and needs assessments and evaluations and developing innovation opportunities.
- Oversee technical assistance and capacity strengthening activities in resilience programming for staff and stakeholders to enhance program quality and impact.
- Contribute to maintaining relationships with donors and partners to share best practice and promote GREDO’s work.
On Food Security and Livelihoods
- Ensure effective implementation of GREDO’s Food Security programming in accordance with program requirements and in line with Donor regulations, and international standards;
- Conduct capacity-building for community groups and staff in the area of food security
- Provide technical leadership and support program staff in the design of a medium to long-term interventions, which address current emergency needs but which takes a longer-term view in enhancing mitigation to future crises and accountable management of resources.
- Propose innovative Food Security approaches relevant to the fragile context including on climate change, food resource management, food quality, food security etc.
- Ensure the development, implementation and periodic review of detailed annual implementation plans for the various Food Security projects.
- Participate proactively and contribute in the food security cluster meetings and, at a technical level engage with UN agencies through the manager and line ministries as needed.
- University degree in Agriculture, Agricultural Education and Extension, natural resource management, Environmental Science/Forestry
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in the management of integrated resilience and humanitarian programs
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Ideal candidate should be able to use MS Word, Excel, and Power point.
- S/he should have the ability to prioritize responsibilities, carry out multiple tasks simultaneously, and able to meet deadlines.
- Fluency in spoken and written English language is a must and understanding Somali is important any additional language will be added value.
- Knowledge of humanitarian principles and code of conduct is essential.
- Possess ability to remain calm and professional when working under pressure.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and negotiation skills.
- Experience in carrying out participatory fieldwork, monitoring and reporting.
- Experience in conducting needs/vulnerability assessments and beneficiary selection processes.
- Ability to work under time pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
All applicants should drop a letter of application and updated CV (including 3 referees) to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the position applied for in the subject.
The deadline for application is 10/10/2019
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: Please provide 3 professional referees e.g. Institution of learning, Previous and current supervisors at workplace.
GREDO is an equal opportunities employer
- Posted by: Somali Jobs Inc
- Company: GREDO- Gargaar Relief and Development Organization
- Location: Anywhere
- State: Baidoa
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Management/Leadership
- Tags: No Tags
1217 total views, 1 today