Job Title Fundraiser
Doses of Hope Foundation (DHF) is non-profit development organization based in Hargeisa, Somaliland. Established in 1999, DHFs mission is to develop and implement assistance initiatives for low-income disadvantaged and vulnerable groups in Somaliland, to be integrated into the active society and to establish socioeconomic independence for their lives.
We are looking for a fundraiser to join our team. The ideal candidate is a good communicator, someone who is ready to accept the challenge to raise awareness about what DHF does, elicit interest in the NGO’s activities and create opportunities for the NGO to increase its overall performance and impact in the community. The ideal candidate will be able to build and maintain good relationships with donors and to begin productive collaborations with other members of the other stakeholders. Remember that collaboration is absolutely essential for grant winning. As such the ideal candidate will count on excellent social and interpersonal skills. Further, the ideal candidate will be positive, optimistic and enthusiastic. He/she will be eager to learn more about fundraising and to experiment new fundraising strategies also in collaboration with other team members.
Among main tasks there will be to-
- Compile and maintain a database of local and international donors
- Compile thorough research for the organization
- Consistently monitor donors’ websites and new calls for
- Inform the other team members about suitable calls for proposals in relation to ongoing activities of the organization and its set goals
- Maintain a database of successfully funded projects in the region and derive a list of potential partners that could be contacted for future collaborations (if opportunity arises)
- Build new working relationships with donors and other NGOs by attending relevant conferences and workshops
- Write concept notes and full project proposals
- Present innovative ideas to the rest of the team and answer to their questions
Masters on public relations, communications, BA will be considered if the applicant has a vast experience in fundraising. Experience not less than 5 years is a must for both groups. English language is expected to be very strong and fluent in writing and speaking.
How to apply for the job
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Deadline 13 November 2018