SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somalia Association is affiliated. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia has officially been working in Somalia since 1985. SOS is currently working in 134 countries worldwide. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse. SOS Currently working in Banadir & Bay/Bakool Regoins.
SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the below Position of GBV Nurse.
Job Title: GBV Nurse
Location: Hudur, Somalia
The position shall be responsible for helping Gender based violence survivors and do case management of survivors who require medical care as well as mobilize and sensitize the community on the impact of sexual and gender- based violence and of services available to them.
The employee will conduct treatment of physical injuries due to rape, post- exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) to prevent STIs/ HIV and treatment of STIs. and give Counseling.
Report to: Doctor in charge
Key Area of responsibility:
- Helps survivors of sexual gender- based violence
- Mobilize and sensitize the community on the impact of sexual and gender- based Violence and of the services available to them
- Reviews the examination report and referral notes
- Conducts initial physical and vaginal examination for survivors
- Taking of patients’ history to establish chief complaints, whether the client is pregnant or
- Breast feeding etc.
- Conduct comprehensive physical examination and laboratory investigations
- Give treatment within 72 hours of rape
- Provide counseling and psychosocial support
- Coordinate with the protecting cluster as well as the GBV working group and attend
- Coordination meetings
- Maintain close coordination with protection partners
- Conduct meetings and site visits to review project implementation progress, share reports and Seek technical advice where needed
Desirable: Understanding local contexts and dialogues is additional value.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidate must possess bachelor’s degree in Nursing or midwifery
- Minimum 1 years of experience working with GBV program
- Counselling skills
- Proof of clinical management of rape will be added advantage
- Excellent command in Somali languages
Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
Child Safeguarding Policy: SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to: this email firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicating with subject line of the position.
Closing date is 15th November,2018
Competent Female candidates are encourage to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.