GRANTS AND PROGRAM OFFICER
Promising Career Opportunity
GRANTS AND PROGRAM OFFICER –MOGADISHU
Expanding Access to Justice (EAJ) is a five-year program funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) through the Freedom House-led Human Rights Support Mechanism (HRSM) and implemented by Pact Inc and the American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI). This Program Manager position falls under the responsibility of Pact Inc and its employment policies.
The program is aimed at contributing to lasting improvements to access to justice and effective mechanisms to address grievances in Somalia through three interlinked objectives; 1) Improving the public’s access to legal information through research, analysis, outreach, and policy interventions, 2) Increasing the quality and reach of legal aid services, and 3) Increasing the capacity and sustainability of access to justice actors.
The position is Mogadishu based with frequent field travel to Jubaland, Puntland, and South West State.
The position reports to the Grants/Finance Direct0r.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Ensuring that all grant documentation is maintained according to Pact’s standards and donor regulations
- Carrying out pre-award risk assessments on potential grantees and ensure that the findings are incorporated into grant awards.
- Monitoring grant-assigned project accounts by analyzing typical expenditures as well as atypical situations such as; participant costs, interest bearing accounts, fellowships/training grants and special award supplements.
- Preparing grant modifications for cost/program changes under the direction of the Director of Finance & Grants.
- Monitoring grant advance and liquidation balances closely and ensuring timely liquidations.
- Reviewing financial reports from grantees to ensure finance compliance against grant budgets.
- Reviewing cost share reports from grantees to ensure compliance against grant commitments.
- Maintaining and updating the grant tracking database. Ensure consistency and accuracy of information therein at all times.
- Capturing and monitoring of cost recovery (disallowed costs) from grant funded projects
- Consolidating financial reports on grants and grant analysis reports and providing feedback on the same to the Grants Director.
- Reviewing all grant proposals with the Grants Director to ensure financial accuracy and completeness.
- Assisting the Program Director in developing training materials for grantees in compliance with Pact’s policies and donor regulations.
- Preparing timely and appropriate closeout of grants.
- Support EAJ planning activities, including the production of annual work-plans and activity reports.
- Be the pivot point for field program implementation in line with the expected program goals.
- Provide technical support to local partners through hands-on guidance.
- Deliver or arrange the delivery of training, coaching and mentoring activities for Project partners and others involved activities,
- At the field level, engage on behalf of the project with field stakeholders like the government and other justice actors in the project operation areas.
- Represent Pact in all coordination meetings as directed by Project Manager.
Qualifications and experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree in management, economics, accounting or related fields required.
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in related field.
- Experience in development and administering sub-grants. Budget Management.
- Knowledge of USAID and other donor policies, regulations and reporting requirements.
- Strong written and oral communications skills in English and Somalia.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and DB skills.
- Competence in common IT applications.
How to apply:
Interested applicants fulfilling the requirements are invited to send their application letter and CV to email@example.com indicating “Grants & Program Officer – Mogadishu” on the subject line. Deadline for applications: April 15th, 2019
Pact is an equal opportunities employer.