HEAD OF FINANCING
Our client is a fully-fledged Islamic Bank licensed by the Central Bank of Somalia and Somaliland. The bank’s primary markets are in Somalia and Somaliland with its headquarters in Hargeisa, Somaliland. It combines world-class technology driven products and services with highest ethical standards of Sharia banking to offer cutting edge financial and banking services to our diverse customers
Our client seeks to recruit qualified personnel for the following positions; HEAD OF FINANCING: JOB REF: EHC/1208/19
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for transforming the financing policies and management of the department, provide strategic direction to the team and bank on financing matters, develop models and methodology for assessing all applications for Retail, SME and Corporate customers, offering training to staff across the bank and enhance sound controls around the management of the financing book from application to disbursement. He/She will also be responsible for the monitoring and control department and recovery unit to ensure efficient collection is in place.
- A minimum of eight years’ experience in Credit Risk Management in general two of which must be at senior management level.
- Strong understanding of Credit analysis and policies.
- Experience in sharia-based contracts and management of financing methodology on an Islamic banking system.
- Assist in the development of a new financing platform and assist in the establishing and updating all financing policies & guidelines in line with Islamic banking practices.
- Responsible for the administration and direction of the financing department.
- Establishing Financing assessment methodologies in line with the needs of Retail, SME and Corporate customers.
- Good understanding of Risk Management principles.
- Good understanding of financial analysis.
- Possess strong problem-solving skills (hypothesis-driven thinking, analytical, quantitative, conceptual skills).
- Thorough understanding of the evolving practices for the management of credit risk and regulatory requirements.
- Exposure to credit risk modelling is desirable.
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements as stipulated above, please email your application letter accompanied with a detailed CV in PDF format clearly indicating your current position, current and expected remuneration to the following email address: email@example.com on or before close of business on Wednesday 16th, April 2019. For further information and full JDs, visit: www.eaglehr.co.ke.
Eagle HR Consultants DO NOT charge any interview fee(s) to any candidate.