Health & Nutrition Program Manager
WAMO RELIEF REHABILITATION SERVICE
|Job Advertisement – Health & Nutrition Program Manager|
|Location: Afmadow District||Duration: 12 Months|
|Reports to: Executive Director||Vacant position: 1 positions.|
The collapse of the Somalia government in 1991 dragged Somalia into a miserable state characterized by chronic insecurity, massive displacement and lack of adequate access to basic human needs such as food, water and shelter. Amid this horrific state young Somali nationals established Wamo Relief and Rehabilitation Services WRRS in the year 2002 with the aim of contributing to the relief of human suffering in the country.
WRRS is a non Profit, non- partisan organization based in Somalia. The organization is legally registered and operating in the south central Somalia and Punt land.
We aim to strengthen the capacity of the local communities in Somalia and Kenya so that they may share and contribute to the educational, economic, and social well-being of their life through provision of relief supplies, emergency livelihoods and social support and capacity building interventions which are integrated in participatory community-based peace building and human rights-based approaches towards sustainable peace, reconstruction and development of Somalia.
WRRS, seeks the services of a competent Health & Nutrition Program Manager
Programmes development and coordination:
- Supervise the Health & Nutrition programmes to ensure they are implemented in accordance with WRRS and donor standards and regulations.
- Supervise and support the Health & Nutrition Project Officer by providing technical and programme support (i.e. staff recruitment, training and mentoring staff, ensure timely and
quality project narrative reports, internal and to be provided to the donors on time according to donors’ requirement; ensure the use of qualitative and quantitative indicators, supervising the correct implementation of the projects in accordance with agreed strategies, principles, implementation plans, and donor requirements; monitor Health & Nutrition projects
- Work closely with the Project Officer of the Health and Nutrition projects in the direct implementation of the activities specifically in the mentoring of the local staff and remote supervision of the activities in the field.
- Ensure that at all times contact with beneficiaries, target groups and representatives of authorities is conducted in a sensitive and respectful manner;
- Ensure the roll out of regular staff trainings and refresher sessions to maintain a high standard of capacity among the Health & Nutrition field teams in all areas.
- Keep record of all Health & Nutrition training attended by l staff and regularly share information with the MOH
- Ensure that Health & Nutrition information is used effectively to advocate on important issues as well as for longer term planning for target populations
- Regular visits to the Health & Nutrition programme sites i. Mission reports should be prepared and shared with the executive director after every field mission to project sites in Somalia
- Prepare regular monthly report for the Health & Nutrition programme.
- Represent WRRS in external coordination meetings with UN/ NGOs, donors, partners and government in Mogadishu & in the field.
- Assists in field budget preparation and monitors and controls expenditures Plans, coordinates and supervises a health service site or program activities
- Report on drugs consumption, request drugs and other medical supplies.
- Evaluates and recommends improvements in health care procedures, services and facilities.
- Collects statistical data, and prepares reports regarding program activities.
- Coordinates program activities with other health service programs or community.
- Represents the department to the public and attends public meetings and conferences to discuss, inform, and instruct others concerning health services and programs.
- Participates in quality assurance activities
- Qualified doctor or nurse with a postgraduate qualification in community/public health with management skills (human resources, hospital management on the humanitarian emergency projects)
- Master degree or equivalent in Public Health
- At least 5 years work experience in humanitarian field in relevant technical disciplines and in coordination position
- Knowledge of the cluster system
- Knowledge of UNICEF procedures and familiar with their approach and strategies
- Project Management skills, including financial planning and documentation;
- Fluency in written and spoken English, good reporting and communication skills are required;
- Good problem solving and social skills and creative, to think of alternative solutions;
- Good interpersonal skills to work effective with different stakeholders including different communities in the target areas, humanitarian actors, service providers, local and national authorities;
- Excellent organizational, team building and participatory training skills and experience is required, as well as ability to work as part of a team;
- Previous working experience in Somalia will be an asset
- Desirable competencies and qualifications – Previous experience in the Somali context or in remote fiel
- Proved qualification in Health sector trainings
- Dynamic and flexible
- English language skills required (fluent),
- Somali language skills (desirable)
- Strong collaborator with effective inter-personal and analytic skills
- Training and guidance skills
- Able to work effectively under pressure and handle workload
All applications consisting of all the relevant supporting documents should be sent to email@example.com not later than 15th October 2019. Application received after this date will not be considered.