Health Project Officer
The following provides guidance on development of role profiles. This guidance should be used when completing the template. (Please use font Gill Sans MT size 11)
|TITLE: Health Project Officer|
|TEAM/PROGRAMME: Health||LOCATION: Galkio|
|GRADE: 5||CONTRACT LENGTH: 12|
Any employee, consultant, contractor or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of SCI must sign the Child Safeguarding – [Declaration of Acceptance Form] and comply with the SCI’s Child Safeguarding Policy which is a statement of SCI’s commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into contact.
This extends not only to children with whom SCI and its partners work directly, but also includes children whom staff are responsible for. SCI believes that the situation of children must be improved through the promotion of their rights supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children International’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to.
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
|ROLE PURPOSE:Under the general guidance of EPHS project manager, the Health officer will take the overall responsibility of the day-to-day implementation of the health programme activities in the Mudug region- by leading coordination of health activities with the MOH staffs at the health facilities and working closely with the district health management team|
|SCOPE OF ROLE: health Officer
Reports to: EPHS project Manager
Dimensions: Save the Children works in 4 regions in Somalia/Land with a current staff complement of approximately 350 staff.
Number of direct reports: None
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
M&E and Reporting
Accountability, communications and training
|BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice) (Section should not consist of Competencies as this are the standard Values in practice)
· holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
· sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
· widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
· builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
· values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
· develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· willing to take disciplined risks.
· honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
|Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
|Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
|JD written by:||Date:7st July 2018|
|JD agreed by: Health Prgram manager||Date: 7th July 2018|
|Updated By: Not applicable||Date:|
|Evaluated: HR coordinator||Date:7thJuy 2018|
TITLE : Health Project Officer
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Under the general guidance of JHNP project manager, the Health officer will take the overall responsibility of the day-to-day implementation of the health programme activities in the Mudug region- by leading coordination of health activities with the MOH staffs at the health facilities and working closely with the district health management team
Contract Duration: One Year.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor of Health or Qualified Nurse /qualified midwife or Public health Nurse
- Three (3) years’ experience in primary health care implementation
- Experience in Puntland health care systems
- Experience in working with community health workers
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Experience of living and traveling in remote and insecure place
- Understanding rights based approaches and participatory concepts and practical experience in similar context.
- Sensitive to issues affecting children and committed to Save the Children’s Child Safe Guarding policy.
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description please visit our please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
Application Closing Date: 24thJuly,2018
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents