HR and Admin Manager
Job Description: HR and Admin Manager
Title: Admin & HR Manager
Reports to: Country Representative
Supervises: Human Resources and Admin Officers
Commitment: Full time
Working Hours: Regular Hours
Location: Hargeisa with possibility of Local, and International travels.
FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Who we are
PSI is a leading global health organization with programs targeting malaria, child survival, HIV and reproductive health. Working in partnership within the public and private sectors, and harnessing the power of the markets, PSI provides life-saving products, clinical services and behavior change communications that empower the world’s most vulnerable populations to lead healthier lives. There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” across over 60 countries. For more information, please visit www.psi.org
The HR and Admin Manager reports to the Country Representative and is directly responsible for managing the administration, and human resources functions of the platform
The Admin & HR Manager must be able to manage with strategic direction, strengthen and build local capacity in these areas. Additionally, the HR&Admin Manager is expected to provide strategic advice to the Senior Management team including: Business Operations Director, Deputy Country Representative and Country Representative for the overall platform management.
Strategic HR Management
- Developing and implement the organization’s HR strategy aligned with the overall PSI Somaliland strategic plan
- Overseeing the implementation and development of HR policies and procedures that will help achieve the organizational strategic plan
- Continuously monitor and evaluate HR plans to ensure they support the needs of business
Recruitment: Planning, & Deployment
- Through collaboration with managers, assist in the development of staffing and recruitment plan ensure that each team is staffed appropriately according to need and funding availability, in an efficient and timely manner;
- Work closely with the Senior Management Team to develop a competitive recruitment strategy to attract and retain best talents in the markets that we operate; the strategy must ensure diversity and gender balance in all new hires
Performance and Learning Management:
- In collaboration with the Senior Management Team to develop, review, and implement efficient performance and learning management strategy
- Ensure all staff have approved MBOs (performance goals) upon arrival and at the start of each performance period, constant and documented feedback is done throughout, mid-year and year-end reviews are conducted per PSI’s performance management policy and guidance
Compensation Management, Investing Staff Capacity and Development
- Ensure an attractive and competitive compensation and benefits package is maintained; developing specific program to attract and retain high performing senior national managers;
- Ensure periodic salary reviews and analysis are conducted, and revisions of salary scale and grades as appropriate
- Investing in Staff Capacity and Development: designing and implementing staff professional development programs: including mentorship, successional planning, identifying and plan for trainings, workshop s and exchange visits, such link with orientation and performance management plan; Put in place coaching programs to support staff in developing their potential.
- Staff welfare and Wellness: develop, review and implement staff welfare programs in consultation with SMT and the staff at large.
- Ensure PSI-SOM has the best and innovative offices in the areas that we operate by maintaining professional, organized and colorful office space that is always clean and tidy
- Ensure PSI-SOM Offices are fully equipped with all necessary utilities water in tanks, drinking water, power supply on a regular basis and work with the supply chain team to see that all consumables are replenished in an orderly fashion.
- Ensure all PSI-SOM assets are managed in accordance with PSI’s Asset Management Manual and Donor guidelines
- Oversee every asset is properly registered, tagged, assigned to user and tracked its physical location.
What are we looking for?
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- Minimum of 5 + years relevant experience in similar-sized organization
- Minimum three years of managing HR & Admin/OPS Roles.
- 3+ years management experience, preferably in a developing country context
- Proficiency in English is required
What would get us excited?
- Experience managing multiple projects and integrated programs in highly demanding environment.
- Experience with operational and HR management of large donor funded programs
- Excellent communication, and writing skills,
- A team builder with excellent people skills; culturally sensitive and have the ability and interest to identify and work with a multi-cultural and diverse team
Contact Us if You Have What it Takes:
Successful candidates will have experience in, Human Resources and Admin management. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in HR management, organizational development, development of business policies and practices.
If you think you are a great fit we would love to hear from you. The position will be based in Hargeisa, Somaliland. Send a note sharing how you fit the requirements above and ideas on how you can contribute along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than July 21, 2018.