HR and Administration officer
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somalia Association is affiliated. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia has officially been working in Somalia since 1985. SOS is currently working in 134 countries worldwide. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse. SOS Currently working in Banadir Bay/Bakool Regoins.
SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the below one position
Job Title: HR and Administration officer (1 Position)
The employee will be responsible for ensuring that logistics, admin and HR processes are carried out in a timely manner and gives regular updates on the progress to the management. The employee is expected to assist in the smooth operation of the project assigned to in Hudur
The employee will be assigned to ensure that all service tenders are launched on time and according to the SOS Procurement Manual, HR manual / Guidelines/ partner requirements. The Employee will also work to identify the vendors and enter into contracts with them as well as accounting for any gender specific needs regarding logistics.
Report to: Direct Area Manager of Bay & Bakol and dotted line Admin/ Logistics Manager based in Mogadishu
Key Area of responsibility:
- To support all projects within the SOS programme in Hudur by managing order request forms for internal procurements in consultation with National Logistics Officer To maintain Procurement Delivery Tracking Sheet for all purchases and delivery of them to the store and to the beneficiaries on daily basis. Liaise with National Office (NO) Logistics Officer to follow up with all orders outside location
- To ensure that all goods purchased are received by the store keeper with a goods receiving note
- To negotiate and secure best value and service benefit deals on all local procurement and supply requests based on SOS logistics criteria
- To update and maintain local vendor lists as per SOS standards and update and maintain local price lists as per SOS price list template
- To ensure that all work-contracts are done according to SOS standard as well as all purchases are done in line with thresholds, paper works and authorities requirements of SOS Somalia procurement policy
- To manage physical receipt and paper works for donations-in-kind from other donor agencies and relay the documents further to the person in charge of finance department in Hudur.
- To make sure that all the payments are done by finance department for local orders, are cross checked against the initial procurement and delivery papers
- Submits requests in good time to the National Office for the purchase of spare parts and equipment
- Arranges cargo deliveries to projects and programs as well as prepares goods receiving notes and other documentation as required
- Together with the FHs, deals with local suppliers, obtains quotations for special equipment, medicines etc., procures goods and equipment on behalf of SOS projects within Somalia
- Store/warehouse management
- To ensure that all goods dispatched and received by SOS are recorded in SOS standard templates and are stored and handled well.
- To ensure that all the items stored in the warehouses are recorded in SOS warehouse paper works are kept filed as per SOS filing system
- To supervise weekly and conduct monthly stock taking as per SOS standards and produce monthly warehouse reports as required.
- To manage local store keeper (s)
- To keep up to date records and files on all stocks in soft copy tool of Stock Monitoring Sheet and disseminate store records once a month to all users in your location and to the National Office
- Implement stock management procedures in all project warehouses and stores; ensure that the project supplies are stored and rotated in an appropriate way, ensuring adequate controls are in place and regular stock checks are carried out to validate the systems, and update on a quarterly basis
- Ensure that all SOS programme assets are logged on the programme asset register and issued with unique SOS Asset codes.
- Maintain tracking system of all equipment issued to the field and that staff are trained in the use and care of equipment issued to them.
- Manage the maintenance of accurate filing systems, with documented and supported records of actions for audit purposes.
Transport and Distribution
- To manage all SOS vehicles and locally hired vehicles by ensuring that all transport requirements including vehicle log book, fuel, and maintenance as well as servicing book are in place. All vehicles must be fully equipped with tool kits, First Aid kits, and other relevant equipment for short or long journey.
- To liaise with and make recommendations to Area Manager with regard to the repair and maintenance of vehicles based on the reports submitted
- To monitor and evaluate drivers’ performance, fuel consumption and vehicle maintenance and repairs.
- Assist with the management of all matters logistics relating to transport and fuel management, to ensure that vehicles are managed correctly, used appropriately, being driven safely, maintained appropriately, damages are reported immediately, usage of fuel is correctly managed, and logged and recorded in a log book. To carry out regular monthly checks on all tools and spares in all SOS vehicles as well as mechanical checks
- Provide efficient operation support in making travel arrangements, book flights and hotel accommodation for visitors and SOS staff
- Provide administrative and logistical support in organizing workshops /trainings/ seminars; Assess and prepare requests for consumables, stationeries, furniture’s office utilization etc.
- Keep record of all stationeries/stocks used in the office and produce monthly stock reports
- Receive and record all incoming deliveries (correspondences) and liaise with the appropriate members of staff for the delivery and distribution of letters
- Answer telephone calls and transfer the latter to appropriate staff members
- Facilitation of office building, premises and equipment maintenance and repair
- Assist in filing, preparing and keeping updated database of all admin. activities and SOS contact list;
- Advise the Administration coordinator on importation procedure, car registration and other logistics related issues, prepare and submit the necessary related documentations
- Follow-up and ensure the submission of the governmental reports (type of report, timing, date of submission, addresses) and keep the line manager informed accordingly.
- Responsible in managing all aspects of personnel management and ensure implementing good practices of personal management systems
- Facilitate all programme recruitments, and providing guidance to recruiting managers, making available all necessary policy documents/references
- With the help of recruiting manager organizing and planning induction programmes for newly recruited staff and administer their personnel files
- Make the lead implementing performance management, including performance management information in the staff inductions, and support all line managers work with their teams member develop performance objectives every six months and conduct mid-term and final reviews, generate a monthly report on performance submission
- Closely monitor Hudur staff leave status i.e. annual leave, sick leave, compassionate leave, paternity/maternity, ensuring regular updating of the leave database and status reports sent out to line managers, track leave in coordination with the Area Manager and advice accordingly
- Coordinate and follow up staff training and development with facility team
- Administer staff compensation and benefits
- Ensure all staff personnel files are up to date
- Ensure staff utilize their leave and record it.
- Provide continues advise to staff and Managers
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree or higher diploma in Human Resource, Business Administration, Secretarial Science and or Office Management.
- Minimum of two year of experience as a Human Resource, Administration, Logistics and finance or in similar fields.
- Strong planning, coordination, and reporting skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities;
- Resourcefulness and creativity in developing the role of administration and ensuring the most effective support ;
- High level of maturity, and strong people management skills, with experience in a multicultural and diverse team;
- Good English Language Command.
- Good computer and writing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills
Desirable: Understanding local contexts and dialogues is additional value.
Experience obtained in working with International Organizations such as UN or INGOs in similar field of work Previous INGO experience in Working Hudur
Child Safeguarding Policy: SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to: this email firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicating with subject line of the position.
Closing date is 15th November,2018
Competent Female candidates are encourage to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.