SOMALIA STRENGTHENING INSTITUTIONS FOR PUBLIC WORKS PROJECT
Terms of Reference
|Position Title||HR Officer|
|Reporting to||HR Director|
|Duration||20 Months (depending on continued budget availability and need for the position as well as satisfactory or better performance evaluations)|
|Duty Station||Ministry of Public Works, Reconstruction and Housing (MPWR&H Puntland State of Somalia)|
Somalia Strengthening Institutions for Public Works Project (SSIPWP)
The SSIPWP project is the centre piece for building the capacity of the Federal Ministry of Public Works, Reconstruction and Housing (MPWR&H) and the recently established state-level Ministries and the Banadir Regional Administration (BRA) by developing more effective, efficient, inclusive and accountable institutions for public works and infrastructure.
The SSIPWP project is funded by the African Development Fund (ADF) and the Transition Support Facility (TSF) of the African Development Bank (AfDB) and implemented through a Tripartite Protocol Agreement between the Somalia Federal Government, African Development Fund and the United Nations Office for Project Service (UNOPS).
The purpose of the SSIPWP project is improve the capacities of MPWR&H, State-Level Ministries and BRA responsible for public works to enable them independently plan, manage and oversee infrastructure construction projects and maintenance of public works (Project Appraisal Report, 2016).
Purpose of the Position
- The Officer will Support the Finance & Operations Lead to develop and implement policies, guidelines and Maintain information for payroll and other purposes, in compliance with data protection legislation,
Scope of Service
- Reporting to the HR Director andWork with the Finance & Operations Lead and other Leads to ensure proper and appropriate communications to staff,
Duties and Responsibilities, include, but are not limited to:
- Support the Finance & Operations Lead in the administration of all HR functions to deliver an efficient, effective service to staff and directors in line with best practice,
- Implement HR best practices to ensure Optimism, Courage, Connectedness, Pioneering and Openness are the driving forces of Ministry’s working culture.
- Coordinate payroll and staff enrollment including recording and reporting on staff sickness and absence, salaries amendments,
- Coordinate Staff Induction and Staff Exit process,
- Be the main day-to-day HR contact for staff, providing support and, when necessary, liaising with external HR and Payroll advisers and implementing any required action in line with advice,
- Assist in the development and updating of the staff handbook and ensure that all staff have access to it,
- Assist in the development of a staff appraisal system and organizational salary scale,
- Ensure compliance with and adherence to Ministry’s policies, taking steps, in consultation with the Finance & Operations Lead, to ensure best practice is maintained,
- Coordinate all staff training, including booking, logging and obtaining feedback in order to monitor the provision and its effectiveness,
- Maintain all information on staff by producing reports, as required, on starters, leavers, salary changes, staff training and other relevant information,
- Work closely with Leads to prepare and update job descriptions,
- Administering the recruitment process, including advertising vacancies and organizing interviews, issuing offers of employment and employment contracts as required and organizing appropriate induction,
- Administer the pre-employment process and carry out on-going checks, including references,
- Administering the Workplace Pension Scheme, if exist,
- Undertaking research into HR practices and legislation as required.
- structures and systems to deliver and monitor a culture of excellent throughout the organization in full compliance with legal requirements,
- Handle matters of a confidential nature internally and externally,
- Review Partners’ HR Policies and assist in their capacity building.
- This job description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of tasks but is intended to reflect a range of duties the post-holder will perform.
- Experience of a remote working environment
- Any other tasks assigned by the procurement department head.
RequiredQualifications, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor degree in HR, Business Administration, or related field,
- Strong Knowledge and proven experience of HR functions (payroll & benefits, recruitment, training & development etc.) and administration,
- Good knowledge of Somali Labour Law and disciplinary procedures,
- Strong IT and HR systems competencies,
- Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities,
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills,
- Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude,
- Strong ethics and reliability,
- Appreciates team work,
- Flexibility, enthusiasm and ability to share knowledge and experience,
- Ability to stay calm in difficult situations,
- Respect the importance of confidentiality
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Somali and preferably English
- Interested Somali candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CVs to email@example.com , Closing date by 25th May, 2019 @5:00pm.Kindly indicate “HR officer MPWRH PL state & VAno 0083/19” on the subject line when applying.
- Qualified Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.