Human Resource Director
|Position||Human Resource Director|
|Job Grade:||Band 8|
|Department:||Human Resources Department|
|Reports to:||Executive Director|
|Direct Reports:||Human Resources officer|
The Somali Red Crescent Society (SRCS) is an independent, non-political humanitarian organization that was founded in April 1963 and was established with presidential decree No. 187 in 1965. It was then recognized by the ICRC in 1969 and in the same year became a member of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.
We are currently seeking to recruit a qualified candidate to fill the vacant position of Human Resource Director based in Mogadisho Coordination office.
|Overall Job Purpose|
Provide strategic leadership and guidance in the design, development, implementation and evaluation of an effective human resources management and development programme aligned to strategic goals and objectives and in compliance with labour laws and regulations. Coordinate workforce planning and staffing, recruitment and selection, performance management, training and capacity development, salary an d benefits, employee relations and change management initiatives aimed at attracting and retaining productive and talented workforce. Develop HR database and maintain confidential personnel records to facilitateanalysis of workforce trends and generate evidence-based reports to support decision making that informs senior management about progress made towards the achievement of strategic objectives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Technical Leadership, Programme Planning & Implementation
- Provide technical and professional leadership in the design, implementation and evaluation of an integrated HR plan, policies and systems to effectively support achievement of the strategic plan
- Review and update organisational structures and determine optimum workforce staffing and capacity requirements to support programme implementation and the delivery of strategic objectives
- Develop and update job descriptions, advertise vacancies, screen candidates, facilitate interview panels, conduct reference checks, manage contracts as well as terms and conditions of employment
- Conduct training needs assessment and develop training strategy and plan to facilitate the development and delivery of training and capacity building efforts
- Develop and implement performance management system linked to strategic objectives aimed at ensuring that employee performance is measured against agreed performance contracts
- Design an equitable and competitive salary and benefit structure, benchmarking with other humanitarian organizations to attract and retain productive, talented and motivated staff
- Develop and implement an effective strategy to mediate and resolve employee grievances and disciplinary cases in line with approved HR policies and procedures
- Develop a robust HR database, maintain confidential personnel records, analyse workforce trends, identify capacity gaps and generate periodic evidence-based reports to facilitate decision making
- Participates substantively in the entire budget development process and provides advice to the senior management on HR requirements, workforce staffing and capacity development needs
- Provides guidance and advice on the interpretation of HR policies, staff rules and regulations Ensure effective and efficient provision of procurement, logistics and ICT support necessary to facilitate the implementation of HR strategy
Strategic Partnerships & Donor Relationships
- Maintain partnership and collaborative relations with strategic partners, donors, government, local authorities, and humanitarian actors to maximize support for humanitarian response.
- Represent SRCS in relevant conferences, seminars, workshops as well as meetings
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the SRSC Senior Management
- Post-Graduate qualifications or equivalent professional practice in Human Resources Management, Organizational Development, Business Administration or Public Administration
- Minimum 7 years relevant experience in recruitment and selection, performance management, training and development, salary & benefits, employee relations, employment law and change management. At least 3 years’ experience in senior management working as HR generalist supporting multiple locations.
- Demonstrating consistency in upholding integrity and ethics
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to the fundamental principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Team leader with demonstrated mentoring and coaching skills
- Effective communications and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in computer office packages word, excel, power point
- Demonstrate openness to change & ability to manage complexities
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills and ability to manage intergroup dynamics and mediate conflicting interests
- Excellent writing skills, analytical capacity to synthesize project outputs and findings for the preparation of quality programme reports
- Maturity & confidence in dealing with senior and high ranking officials
- Remain calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Respond positively to critical feedback and differing points of views.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Somali and English languages
Interested qualified candidates are encouraged to send their C.Vs with cover letter, copy of their certificates and 3 professional references to: email@example.com
Application Deadline: October 15, 2019.