Human Resource Director
- Job category: Human Resource & Administration
- Post date:4 Aug 2019
- Job expires in: Endless
- Share job:
|1. General Information|
|Post/Title||Human Resource Director|
|Reports to:||Secretary General|
|Employer||National Independent Electoral Commission|
|Date of issue||01/08/2019|
|Deadline for application||25/08/2019|
- About NIEC:
National Independent Electoral Commission (NIEC) Constitute a Commission which is established on Article 111G of the provisional constitution of the Federal Republic of Somalia, its mandate is organizing, conducting, and monitoring elections of districts, regional, national, Public referendum and regulating and monitoring Political Parties.
- Purpose of the Job:
The Director of Human Resource department is responsible for all human resources related activities including: recruitment and selection, HR database, performance management system, training and development, employee relations, rules and regulation for the employees. The director will manage other staff related activities from financial to legal matters to help to maximize the efficiency of the instituition.
Main responsibilities of the Job:
- Ensure the Commission is adequately resourced by professional and competent personnel by implementing training, development and retention programmes
- Ensure the implementation of human resource policies and strategies in line with the Commission’s strategy
- Coordinate the reviews of the Secretariate’s organization structure and provide strategic advice on its appropriateness with regard to effectiveness and efficiency
- PrepareNIEC Human Resource development plans in coordination with other directorates and departments
- Co-ordinate recruitment of short term Commission election staff and other temporary workers to ensure that the commission achieves its mandate – during mass election operations.
- Co-ordinate and Implement Human Resource and Administration policies, and procedures including HR policy, Training policy, Gender policy, Scheme of service, transfer policy, Staff security policy, disciplinary policy
- Conduct staff needs assessment exercise to identify training needs and competency gaps among staff in the various departments across the commission.
- Develop the staff performance evaluation systems and link the results of that process to salary review, performance targets, promotion, training and, where appropriate, termaination and replacement of employees.
- Develop training evaluation accountability measures to monitor the impact of training programs the commission’s against delivery standards and indicators for performance
- Spearhead the commission’s staff performance appraisals to ensure performance targets are met following empowerment and skills enhancements through trainings
- Monitor timely updates of personnel records ( personal details, positions, salary, attendance, appraisal outcomes, leave records, training records and other NIEC staff related data).
- Develop a culture of performance and knowledge management in the Commission environment.
- Participate in management meeting and advice other directorates on matters touching on human resource and administration
- Ensure the development of capacity building plan, career progression paths in the Commission
- Develop performance and accountability paper and sign from all staff based on their specified job description.
- Identify learning & development needs through job analysis, appraisal schemes and consultations with department managers to ensure the improvement of the staff performance.
- Manage orientation programs for the new staff on Human resource policies and procedures.
- Review employees annual feedback and propose policy amendaments if deemed necessary.
- Assist the finance department in payroll preparation by providing salary input with respect to attendance and increments
- Provide information to all employees regarding their entitlements
- Foster a conducive working environment through employee relations activities and communication.
- Conduct exit interview with employees leaving NIEC and provide feedback to their superiors;
- Any other tasks my be assigned by the commission management.
Qualifications Knowledge and Skills:
- Masters degree in Human Resource Management
- Seven years’ experience in Human Resources administration in a large organization with established HR Systems, Policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of FGS policies, regulations, rules, procedures and practices;
- Ability to operate effectively under extreme stress
- Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to gender and diversity
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills and passion for his / her work.
- Self motivated and driven individual with a proven ability to work independently, achieve goals and prioritize the work
- Computer literacy and ability to effectively use office technology equipment, IT tools;
- Written and Spoken fluency in Somali and English
- Application letter
- Updated CV
- Copies of certificates and other supporting documents, identifications and references.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send their documents to the following link: https://niec.so/en/jobs . The screening of your application will be conducted based on the information you submitted. Before applying, we strongly suggest that you review your profile to ensure completeness. Note that the closing date for application is August25th, 2019 at 11:59pm midnight.
“NIEC is an equal opportunity employer”
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2688 total views, 2 today