Human Resource Officer
WAMO RELIEF REHABILITATION SERVICES
|Job Advertisement – Human Resource Officer|
|Location: Afmadow District||Duration: 12 Months|
|Reports to: Executive Director||Vacant position: 1 position.|
The collapse of the Somalia government in 1991 dragged Somalia into a miserable state characterized by chronic insecurity, massive displacement and lack of adequate access to basic human needs such as food, water and shelter. Amid this horrific state young Somali nationals established Wamo Relief and Rehabilitation Services WRRS in the year 2002 with the aim of contributing to the relief of human suffering in the country.
WRRS is a non Profit, non- partisan organization based in Somalia. The organization is legally registered and operating in the south central Somalia and Punt land.
We aim to strengthen the capacity of the local communities in Somalia and Kenya so that they may share and contribute to the educational, economic, and social well-being of their life through provision of relief supplies, emergency livelihoods and social support and capacity building interventions which are integrated in participatory community-based peace building and human rights-based approaches towards sustainable peace, reconstruction and development of Somalia.
WRRS, seeks the services of a competent Human Resource Officer PRINCIPAL DUTIES:
- Work closely with the WRRS Heads of Offices in a consultancy role, assisting them to understand and implement policies and procedures and advising them on HR matters in close alignment with the HR manual and Procedure
- Contribute continuously to the HR needs analysis by identifying HR issues on a day to day basis and ensuring information flow to the hierarchy
- Implement HR policies, procedures, systems and tools in the field, and train managers and staff on the same
- Liaise with the Field Officer for Performance Management & Development in organizing
all the logistics around trainings and development for staff based in Somalia
- In collaboration with the WRRS recruitment team based in Dobley, take an active role in the recruitment process by coordinating and conducting interviews
- Participate in the onboarding of new staff
- Participate in disciplinary meetings and support managers regarding disciplinary measures in close collaboration with the HR Manager
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or any related field
- 4 years’ work experience in a similar role
- Sound knowledge of Somalia labour laws & customs
- Excellent skills in written and spoken English and Somali
- Strong and effective communication skills, with proven ability to negotiate and influence change, with cultural sensitivity
- Very good analytical skills
- Computer literate
- Must demonstrate high levels of attention to detail and accuracy
- A strong sense of business ethics including the ability to appropriately handle confidential information
- Experience of a flexible approach to managing and prioritizing workload and multiple tasks in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines
All applications consisting of all the relevant supporting documents should be sent to email@example.com not later than 15th October 2019. Application received after this date will not be considered.