HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER
|HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER|
|Employment category:Grade 5 Step 1
Reporting to:Head of HR & Admin
Location:Hargeisa with frequent travel to other locations in Somalia
Authorization level:As per IDRA
Advert No DRC2018/046
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organization which has been operating in Somalia since 1997. DRC has mainly focused on Somalis who are displaced by conflict and natural disaster. DRC programs include Protection, Food Security & Livelihoods, Shelter/NFI and Water & Sanitation.
Danish Demining Group (DDG) is a specialized unit within DRC which implements mine action and armed violence reduction (AVR) programmes. DDG’s mandate is ‘to create a safe environment free from armed violence and the remnants of conflict’, and DDG does this via a programmatic focus on four key sectors: Security Systems Reform, Small Arms and Light Weapons (SALW) management, Mine Action and Conflict Management.
|ABOUT THE JOB
Human Resource Officer supports the preparation of HR tasks and maintenance of staff information. He/she supports the Head of HR & Admin on HR & Admin tasks at country level.
· Ensure monthly time sheets are correctly filled by staff including senior national staff, in coordination with Country Finance Department and forward to Head of HR & Admin on or before 10th of following month.
· Coordinate with field/area offices to obtain the monthly time sheets check for correctness, review and upload them to one drive on or before 10th of following month.
· Coordinate with area HR team for national Annual Leave plan and obtain CDs approval
· Establish and maintain leave tracking system and obtain
· Ensure all national staff taxes and legislative obligations are done on time as per the government deadlines.
· Ensure all administrative matters at country level are properly followed up.
· Keep track, record and properly manage the issue and letters which DRC gets from and/or sends to governmental departments at country level.
· To ensure staff (both national and international) requiring visas and other legal documents are organized in timely manner with relevant area office and Regional Office as required.
· Ensure efficient filing system of all Human Resources & administration records as per DRC filing procedures.
· Ensure country level meetings, trainings and other events are well organized, coordinated with relevant area office
· Coordinate international staff flight bookings with Regional Office as required.
· Ensure all staff are given the contracts (along with the required attachment) & DRC ID cards on the first working day and staff information data is filled and filed. Follow up with the staff and obtain file one copy of staff contract along with the attachment in personal file.
· Coordinate recruitments of national positions under the direction of the Head of HR & Admin in accordance with DRC recruitment processes.
· Follow up all area staff personal files are up-to-date according to the checklist/DRC procedures on constant basis
· Focal point for national staff insurance including update, compile and reporting of staff list on monthly basis in coordination with Area HR & Admin team
· Prepare, review and file the monthly Payroll for national staff in coordination with area HR team and Country finance team.
· Brief on other HR policies/procedures to staff when it is necessary.
· Review HR related documents before CD approves.
· Follow up with Line supervisors and ensure the Performance (Probation) objectives are set and filed within two weeks of the appointment date.
· Schedule and follow up yearly national staff performance appraisals
· Ensure relevant information is being passed on to the field offices.
· Serve as technical resource person for the HR department.
· In consultation with Head of HR & Admin, follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from Country Director/Operations Director/SMT.
The responsibilities listed in the JD are not exhaustive and may be readjusted according to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role.
|Required qualifications and experience:
· Four or more years of progressive HR management experience with INGO (preferred) or UN
· Good skills of capacity building national staff
· Hands-on experience/skills in MS Office applications
· University degree in Human Resource/Business Administration.
· Proficiency in written and spoken English and Somali
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
· Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
· Collaborating: You are a strong networker and enjoy working with many different types of stakeholders, you involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
· Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while balancing the role of advisor and taking leadership
· Communicating: You write and speak effectively and honestly and display political and cultural sensitivity, including ability to adapt well to local cultures
· Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
|TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Availability: July, 2018
Other terms of employment will be in accordance with DRC terms for National staff
The position is open to Nationals ONLY.
Interested & qualified candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit their updated CV and a 1-page Cover letter clearly stating their motivation and why they are suited for the post to email@example.com the subject heading “HR Officer”not later than 23rdJune 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the written test & oral interview.
(DRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer)